Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal & Leakproof lunch box

Options
  • 31-08-2017 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in need of a lunch box, something for decent sized portions that is thermal & leak proof. I've no microwave access so it needs to be thermal, like a flask, but its a container/lunch box I need.

I'm also on the hunt for a thermal mug that is leak proof. Have seen a few, none of which are leak proof.

Would greatly appreciate some help with this as I'm in a hurry to buy :o

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Food flasks were in lidl last week, very few left, it was all festival stuff, it was a wide mouth one for food, not sure about it being leak proof. Aldi had festival stuff too, I did not notice flasks but was not really looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks a mill, sadly, I am not near to either store and it's rare I would get to them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

You'd get a good food flask and a thermal mug with a good seal in any outdoors/camping goods shop.
    They're not cheap but they're worth the investment.
    I don't even know how many cheap, leaky, definitely not thermal Thermos-type flasks I tried and dumped before giving in and buying a decent one - cheaper in the long run as they last and last.

SIGG is a particularly good brand in my experience, stocked in most outdoorsy shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I got a leak proof travel mug in coffee angel. It's been thrown around my handbag most mornings for the last 6 months and had never leaked.

Edited to add its very good at keeping heat. I forgot it one day and the tea was still steaming when I poured it down the sink 11 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have a wide mouth Stanley flask that I've brought food in, and it's great
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-24oz-Classic-Vacuum-Bottle/dp/B000FZX944/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1504273982&sr=8-5&keywords=stanley+food

I also have a Thermos stainless steel mug. I love it cos it keeps stuff hot for ages, has never leaked, and the fact that it's stainless steel inside and out means that you dont' get that plastic taste off the tea (and if you forget about a teabag you dont' have the mouldy taste you'd get from a plastic one. Plus I've dropped it 7' onto concrete and it only has the teeniest dent. This is my second one and I'd never buy anything else.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Discovery-Travel-Mug-470/dp/B00719NIG6/ref=sr_1_8?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1504274059&sr=1-8&keywords=thermos+mug+stainless+steel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Camelbak do the only genuinely leakproof thermal mugs for coffee I've found

Advertisement