Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 LEDs flashing - fault?

Options
  • 31-08-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping someone can enlighten me here. The yellow fault and red alarm LEDs are flashing on my Quantum 70 panel but there is no message on the panel LCD to say what's wrong.

All was perfect last night and this morning but when I've gone to set it tonight the lights are flashing.

Anyone know how I could determine the cause and fix?

I do have an annual test and service policy but in the meantime, any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

When enter your code what does it say on the display?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does the red light only flash on partset?
    It may be just set up to indicate part set.
    If you enter the code when the system is disarmed it should indicate the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

KoolKid wrote: »
    Does the red light only flash on partset?
    It may be just set up to indicate part set.
    If you enter the code when the system is disarmed it should indicate the fault.

This seems to have resolved itself...

It wouldn't let me set the partset alarm that night, then next night I tried again, it told me there was a 'mains fault', then partset anyway...

Woke up the next morning to find everything back to normal. Thanks for the replies folks. The system is due a service anyway so I'll ask the installers to look at the logs for me to see if they can tell me anything more.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It may have just been looking for you to acknowledge the mains fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

r3nu4l wrote: »
    This seems to have resolved itself...

It wouldn't let me set the partset alarm that night, then next night I tried again, it told me there was a 'mains fault', then partset anyway...

Woke up the next morning to find everything back to normal. Thanks for the replies folks. The system is due a service anyway so I'll ask the installers to look at the logs for me to see if they can tell me anything more.

Did it give a reason for not arming?

• Advertisement
Advertisement