Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Photos

Options
  • 31-08-2017 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭

Mods. . I don't know if this is correct area for my query.

I have Google Drive on my phone for photos.
    Is there a way to only back up select photos at a time?
    For example if I take photos of recipes or to do lists, I don't want these clogging up my Drive memory.

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

If you select "high quality" option - as opposed to "original quality" - then is shouldn't make a difference as you'll have unlimited storage. High quality allows images of up to 16mp which should be fine for most purposes, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

If you manually back up instead of leaving it as automatically backing up, would you be able to select which photos you want?
    I don't use Google drive but that is what I can do with other online storage off the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

paulbok wrote: »
    If you manually back up instead of leaving it as automatically backing up, would you be able to select which photos you want?
    I don't use Google drive but that is what I can do with other online storage off the phone

OK. .ddoes anyone know how to do this?
    I have a Samsung Note 3.
    I'm hopeless with that sort of thing.
    Thanks.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

OK. .ddoes anyone know how to do this?
    I have a Samsung Note 3.
    I'm hopeless with that sort of thing.
    Thanks.

open app > settings > Backup & Sync > Upload Size > High Quality (Free unlimited storage)

Advertisement