Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A "recommend me ...... " Thread ?

Options
  • 01-09-2017 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭

I think we need a SuperThread for all the "Recommend me " questions that keep getting asked over and over again ....... :rolleyes:

* ...A bike for commute
    * a bike for €1000
    * a road bike or a hybrid
    *overshoes
    * a helmet

etc etc .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The problem with super threads is that they get very big/long and the information gets lost among discussion and off topic chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Reddit do a weekly new cyclist thread (which is more ask a question that isn't worth a new thread on its own) - maybe monthly or biweekly here?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'll look for a recommendation to start it off.

I'm looking for bluetooth earphones suitable for turbo use as i'm sick off normal ones. Ideally id like over ear ones with a budget of €50, something that wont slip off when i sweat profusely!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

dahat wrote: »
    I'm looking for bluetooth earphones suitable for turbo use as i'm sick off normal ones. Ideally id like over ear ones with a budget of €50, something that wont slip off when i sweat profusely!
    Not over the ear (their ear bud looped around the neck ones), but I've been using my mpow cheetah for around a year no issues - fine for the turbo before I got the pain cave and still use for the gym and running. A good bit less than €50 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

I like the idea of this anyway!

I also have a request...

Anyone have any recommendations for a winter jacket for the lovely Irish weather we have :)
    This will be specifically for club spins on the weekends, I have massive heavy jackets for commuting but I'm looking for something to wear on the weekend that will keep me warm and dry (I know nothing is ever 100% rain proof but as close as possible).

All I read about is Gabba with nanoflex arm warmers, but will that be warm enough? I will wear a base layer underneath of course but still doesn't seem like enough.

I've also being eyeing up the planetx magma https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPX365MGMCNJ/planet-x-365-magma-convertible-jacket
    Which looks like a good shout for 70£ and includes detachable sleeves. I've read a few reviews and it seems to be worth it for the price but should I just spend the bit more and have a better quality jacket?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

SuperSean wrote: »
    This will be specifically for club spins on the weekends, I have massive heavy jackets for commuting but I'm looking for something to wear on the weekend that will keep me warm and dry (I know nothing is ever 100% rain proof but as close as possible).
    I got a mistral lite from galibier earlier in the year (love the energie elite shorts I got at the same time), but haven't worn it yet as it's been too warm or not wet spin days.

Given the forecast, might have a review from the Reservoir Dog for you Monday morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

dahat wrote: »
    I'll look for a recommendation to start it off.

I bought the Skullcandy Ink'd wireless, €50, might as well have set fire to my €50. The first hour or so they are grand but as the battery starts to go down they keep skipping

If you can live with a wire (it's very long) I recommend Sennheiser HD202, well within budget and good quality

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Personally don't think a thread like this will work. Way too many different areas it could/would cover and many posters will ignore it and start their own threads anyway.

Similarly "refreshing" topics allows new ideas to be introduced and indeed becomes an opportunity for those who have benefited from the recommendations of others to share their own experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Blackgrape

SuperSean wrote: »
    I like the idea of this anyway!

I also have a request...

Anyone have any recommendations for a winter jacket for the lovely Irish weather we have :)

All I read about is Gabba with nanoflex arm warmers, but will that be warm enough? I will wear a base layer underneath of course but still doesn't seem like enough.

I've also being eyeing up the planetx magma https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPX365MGMCNJ/planet-x-365-magma-convertible-jacket
    Which looks like a good shout for 70£ and includes detachable sleeves. I've read a few reviews and it seems to be worth it for the price but should I just spend the bit more and have a better quality jacket?

Thanks!

Galibier Mistral? Not waferproof but an outstanding winter jacket

DHB Aeron Storm

I bought this tonight. 92euros delivered  I need a fully waterproof jacket and the reviews on this are incredible

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

A thread won't work, but perhaps a sub forum would?

• Advertisement
Advertisement