Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB mortgage

Options
  • 01-09-2017 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hello, just wondering is there are any opinions, good or bad, on the new PTSB mortgage whereby there is 2% cash back on the amount of the mortgage, and a further 2% back of monthly repayments until the end of 2027.
    New user so can't post url of the details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Vetch wrote: »
    Hello, just wondering is there are any opinions, good or bad, on the new PTSB mortgage whereby there is 2% cash back on the amount of the mortgage, and a further 2% back of monthly repayments until the end of 2027.
    New user so can't post url of the details.

You need an explore ac which is 4 euro per month which seems like it's a bit of a balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cullis3

I would like some clarity on a issue i had with my AIP. I have been approved for €103,000 mortgage 90% Loan to value. I found a property that i like and paid my booking deposit and contacted the bank(Galway shopping center branch) to move forward only to be told that because the property is outside the Galway city limits that i no longer qualify for 90% Loan to value. I just want to know why it is not stated in my AIP letter that this is one of the stipulations? i have wasted time and effort looking at properties in the belief that my AIP would allow me to this and not tie me to a certain location

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

cullis3 wrote: »
    I would like some clarity on a issue i had with my AIP. I have been approved for €103,000 mortgage 90% Loan to value. I found a property that i like and paid my booking deposit and contacted the bank(Galway shopping center branch) to move forward only to be told that because the property is outside the Galway city limits that i no longer qualify for 90% Loan to value. I just want to know why it is not stated in my AIP letter that this is one of the stipulations? i have wasted time and effort looking at properties in the belief that my AIP would allow me to this and not tie me to a certain location

Huh. I've never heard of a stipulation in relation to where you buy once you have been approved. Are you sure you understood correctly?

The property isnt a one bedroom property by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Is the 2 % cashback subject to any sort of tax or do you get all of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Tax free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

cullis3 wrote: »

Are you a first time buyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

You need an explore ac which is 4 euro per month which seems like it's a bit of a balls.

That's only for the 2% monthly repayment cashback. You don't need an Explore account for the 2% of the loan amount.

Advertisement