Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commuting to maynooth

Options
  • 01-09-2017 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

I will be commuting from newbridge to maynooth college starting Monday. my classes start at 9 so i will need to be there for about 8:45.

this means i will be in peak traffic time. there is a couple of different routes i can take is there anyone here doing the same trip?

what is the best route and how long does it take you?

I will be on a motorbike but would like to hear what route people take even if it is in a car

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Its best to avoid the main street. I suggest you get here 53.382652, -6.620635 via Clane or Barberstown roundabout. Cutting off between Clane and Barberstown may not be the best road for a motorbike.

Kavanaghs have a bus every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I would suggest coming into Maynooth from Kilcock direction.

Something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/bhQEhXSkHsE2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

mloc123 wrote: »
    I would suggest coming into Maynooth from Kilcock direction.

Something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/bhQEhXSkHsE2

That was one of the routes i had considered as with the n7 i could filter through traffic quicker than the sallins clane route!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Clitheroekid

Travel to Clane via Caragh,take the R407 in Clane for about 3 km until you reach Rathcoffey junction and take the R408 which will bring you directly to the gate of South Campus of Maynooth College.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Loads of options, drive a few of them and pick your fav is my advice. Just be careful on the bike on some of those back roads when the weather gets worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement