Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating with Heat Pump

• 01-09-2017 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I've a Samsung heat Pump in the house, and was wondering has anyone else one and gotten it to work with Nest or similar? Or is it a waste of time?

When we moved in we were told set the thermostats once, and then leave them be as 1)The system needs to be on 24/7, 2)fine tune only by turning the rads up/down, 3)It takes ages for the house to warm up/down with this system.

We actually ended up turning the stats way down on moving in it was so hot, and the times we've had to turn them up to test the rads they heat up quick so not sure of the above original advice. The house is ridiculously insulated, hasn't dropped below 22c since April!!

Would adding a Nest to the system be of any benefit coming into the winter season, or just an expensive underused fancy looking Thermostat?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Grassey wrote: »
    I've a Samsung heat Pump in the house, and was wondering has anyone else one and gotten it to work with Nest or similar? Or is it a waste of time?

When we moved in we were told set the thermostats once, and then leave them be as 1)The system needs to be on 24/7, 2)fine tune only by turning the rads up/down, 3)It takes ages for the house to warm up/down with this system.

We actually ended up turning the stats way down on moving in it was so hot, and the times we've had to turn them up to test the rads they heat up quick so not sure of the above original advice. The house is ridiculously insulated, hasn't dropped below 22c since April!!

Would adding a Nest to the system be of any benefit coming into the winter season, or just an expensive underused fancy looking Thermostat?

I'm completely confused with the system. Received the same advice as above but the rads coming on at 2 in the morning and staying on through the night is unbearable. I've turned down the rads in some rooms but then air temperature is colder in morning and some heat is needed.

Can I not auto time for efficiency or does it need to be on the whole time.

Advertisement