Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting bike racks installed

Options
  • 01-09-2017 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any success asking for bike racks in a particular location? Who did you ask?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

What particular location?

A public place? (council?)
    Train station? (Train co?)
    Work? (your work?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

All, really. I'm noticing that most of the existing racks are full most of the time. And this includes onstreet racks and ones outside shops on their own property (eg Lidls and Aldis - in fact the Terenure Lidl has had two abandoned bikes taking up space on its six racks for a few weeks), and also outside schools, outside vets' and doctors' surgeries where possible, and in parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

ye - its a pain in busy places/ peak times alright - but I never think to ask anyone really - should probably start doing so!

The question is who to ask. For instance, it would be a big boost to the shops and cafe by the Kenilworth crossroads if there were a few bike racks. People would be much more likely to stop and buy if they could hop off and tie their steed to the hitching post for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

i've asked at my local medical centre - they promised to do so but still no sign a few weeks later! have also pushed for better quality (sheffield stand) in work but also still waiting for those despite many promises!

• Advertisement

i've asked at my local medical centre - they promised to do so but still no sign a few weeks later! have also pushed for better quality (sheffield stand) in work but also still waiting for those despite many promises!

Maybe give them a catalogue with specific stands?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they promised to do so but still no sign a few weeks later!
    give them a chance! a few weeks is barely enough time to even get a few builders around to give quotes.

Advertisement