Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayne Rooney Drink Driving

• 01-09-2017 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

Caught three times over the limit,
    I'm sure the keyboard warriors will be out in force,
    but this is a common thing, especially here in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Rooney is commonly caught drink driving in Ireland???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Is it? I don't remember Wayne Rooney being caught drink driving in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

py2006 wrote: »
    Rooney is commonly caught drink driving in Ireland???

No, keyboard warriors are commonly out in force in ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not nearly as common as it used to be.

At this stage it's more of an "all my mates are doing it, so it's OK" thing that occurs in small pockets, rather than a widespread activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

He was so pissed he thought he was here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

AnneFrank wrote: »

:confused: Was he driving in Ireland?

Just another human being doing something 'ordinary' people have been known to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

At least you made it out of the attic Ms. Frank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lads, I'm a keyboard fighter. How do I go about getting promoted to warrior status?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why would someone start a thread like this and immediately be so defensive of the pisshead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Dunno about the keyboard warriors, but the Liverpool supporters will surely have some fun...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

pjohnson wrote: »
    At least you made it out of the attic Ms. Frank

It's quite common, especially in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

i dont know anyone who has been caught drinking driving 3 times, in fact i dont know anyone who has been caught twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

He's always been an absolute scumbag. Didn't he cheat on his wife whilst she was pregnant? The guy is a millionaire and could afford to get taxi's ffs im sure he could afford his own personal driver. Hope they throw the book at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Lads, I'm a keyboard fighter. How do I go about getting promoted to warrior status?

Need to achieve 100 skill in Outraged

It's quite common, especially in ireland

It's not in my circle of friends or family. A friend of our's got hit by a drunk driver some years ago and will never be able to move her body from the waist down again. The guy got off with 6 months and a 2000 fine. I hope to god the justice system in the UK makes an example of Rooney as a warning to others.

People who drink and drive are the scum of the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    It's not in my circle of friends or family. A friend of our's got hit by a drunk driver some years ago and will never be able to move her body from the waist down again. The guy got off with 6 months and a 2000 fine. I hope to god the justice system in the UK makes an example of Rooney as a warning to others.

People who drink and drive are the scum of the earth.

Rooney didn't hit anyone(That we know of) so no comparison in sentencing, he'll get a ban and a fine like anyone else if found guilty. Can't just create sentences because of who he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

drunk and curb crawling outside the old folks home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

You'd think he could afford a taxi with his £150,000 a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

sugarman wrote: »
    It's really not a common thing, unless you're from Kerry.

Sounds like you're condoning it.

Being over the limit is one thing, can be an easy mistake. Twice is boarder line, but at 3 times you definitely know you've had too many.

Look at the figures, trying to blame it on a kerry thing is a bit ridiculous,
    look at any pub carpark in the suburbs on any night in Dublin and they're full,
    they can't all be designated drivers, and to call all of these people scum of the earth is the talk of a keyboard warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I wonder will he be convicted though. That guy nick mr loophole will probably be on the case to get off on a technicality as we speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

they can't all be designated drivers, and to call all of these people scum of the earth is the talk of a keyboard warrior

Did you not read the first paragraph of Billybobs post? The part about a friend being paralysed from the waist down? I can understand why he said that. Drink driving is not acceptable.

Let me be clear, drink drivers are the scum of the earth. I don't care if it's Wayne Rooney or the guy packing shelves in Tesco. If as a society we where serious about solving the issue we would ban people from driving for life if caught over the limit. It's really simple, if you are going to drink don't drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I never said it was acceptable, and i didn't condone it,
    my point is, it's common place in Ireland in my experience.
    If billybobs story is true then that's terrible obviously, but i wouldn't be calling
    a large amount of our society scum of the earth, for an accident involving someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I never said it was acceptable, and i didn't condone it,
    my point is, it's common place in Ireland in my experience.
    If billybobs story is true then that's terrible obviously, but i wouldn't be calling
    a large amount of our society scum of the earth, for an accident involving someone else

Nah, see there is no excuse nowadays for drink driving. There have been enough campaigns and enough reported deaths for people to know that it is wrong and not only are they putting their own lives at risk but they put others at risk too.
    So I would agree that anyone who willfully/knowingly is driving over the limit then they are the scum of the earth.
    They have decided that it is ok to have a few extra scoups and to hell with the increased risk of killing/maiming somoene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm going to start a thread but I don't really want people to start talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I think it was in Liverpool where he was arrested and not Ireland as the OP said. What an idiot all the same....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

sugarman wrote: »
    Twice is boarder line, but at 3 times you definitely know you've had too many.

You're not factoring in his superior coordination and spatial skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Don't mind a lad having a beer. One beer doesn't ever affect how I drive. But there is no defending him if 3 times over limit is true. Throw the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Took a stupid risk, got caught, will be punished like any other person.
    3 times over the limit? What's the limit in the UK?
    You'd probably be that over here after a pint of Beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

AGC wrote: »
    Rooney didn't hit anyone(That we know of) so no comparison in sentencing, he'll get a ban and a fine like anyone else if found guilty. Can't just create sentences because of who he is.

True but drink driving is reckless. It's putting your own and other's lives at risk. people who do it are complete scum.

What in the livin' f*ck are you talking about?

A "celebrity" is caught drink driving. Who gives a sh1t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

What in the livin' f*ck are you talking about?

A "celebrity" is caught drink driving. Who gives a sh1t?

I sure did nazi someone called AnneFrank making a fuss over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

I go by this:

Hasnt let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Speaking of keyboard warriors you were first out of the blocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Does this mean he was caught 3 times over the limit, or caught 3 times over the limit?

Let's be frank Ann, the op is ambiguous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm not usually a dogmatic person when it comes to right and wrong, but I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive: they're pieces of shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Noveight wrote: »
    You'd think he could afford a taxi with his £150,000 a week.

He was worried that the wheels of his car would be stolen.

It's a real hard luck story. He will probably lose his career, his income and his family now. You have to feel for him.

Actually, wait, oh THAT Wayne Rooney? He'll probably be on the next Everton team, he may lose a fraction of his weekly wage, and his family have put up with bad headlines before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

McCrack wrote: »
    I go by this:

Hasnt let me down.

If it was sound advice in 1972 i am sure it is still sound advice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Game Face MCGee

I heard he was driving some young one home in her car, Colleen gonna pissed about this!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Drink driving is a disease. I think people should be less quick to judge what they don't understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I heard he was driving some young one home in her car, Colleen gonna pissed about this!!!

knowing him i doubt she was that young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He'll go the same way that so many of them do; he'll be divorced when his peak has passed and his fame no longer brings in much money, he'll burn through his money on booze, cars and women and be a wreck of a man by his fifties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Drink driving is a disease. I think people should be less quick to judge what they don't understand.

you should really use :rolleyes: when making a comment like this.....otherwise people will confuse you for a :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This is the moment he was caught:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

In fairness to him he was drunk at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Drink driving is bad enough, a man drink driving in a VW Beetle is pure shame, he will never live that down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

Need to achieve 100 skill in Outraged

And you know you've reached 100 when you see TRIGGERED in bright yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Which is common, Keyboard warriorism or being caught 3 times over the limit :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

seamus wrote: »
    It's not nearly as common as it used to be.

At this stage it's more of an "all my mates are doing it, so it's OK" thing that occurs in small pockets, rather than a widespread activity.

now i am confused, pockets of keyboard warriors :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement