Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayne Rooney Drink Driving

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

:confused: Was he driving in Ireland?

no, No, No,

Its all a big misunderstanding!, He was driving drunk with Ireland, Stephen Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

no, No, No,

Its all a big misunderstanding!, He was driving drunk with Ireland, Stephen Ireland

Did they have to get home quick as one of their seven grannies was dying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Did they have to get home quick as one of their seven grannies was dying?

Well Rooney is known to be fond of an old granny..

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Caught three times over the limit,
    I'm sure the keyboard warriors will be out in force,
    but this is a common thing, especially here in Ireland

How do you know that he was caught 3 times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭McCrack

seamus wrote: »
    He'll go the same way that so many of them do; he'll be divorced when his peak has passed and his fame no longer brings in much money, he'll burn through his money on booze, cars and women and be a wreck of a man by his fifties.

Sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

He'll go the same way that so many of them do; he'll be divorced when his peak has passed and his fame no longer brings in much money, he'll burn through his money on booze, cars and women and be a wreck of a man by his fifties.

Early thirties, bald, fat and lost his pace, I think that shipped sailed a few years ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Caught three times over the limit,
    I'm sure the keyboard warriors will be out in force,
    but this is a common thing, especially here in Ireland

Relax, nobody is attic-ing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Coleen could absolutely destroy him in the divorce courts.

They have been with each other for half of his life. 3 kids, 1 on the way. Cheating with hookers x3. Drink driving. And that's the stuff we know about.

She would easily get half of what he owns and half of his future earnings.

I suppose that since when they've been with each other for so long and so young, they are probably in fear of being single. She'd be afraid he could replace her easily. He'd be afraid of her taking the kids. The relationship is toxic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

begbysback wrote: »
    Dunno about the keyboard warriors, but the Liverpool supporters will surely have some fun...

not really ..sure Bobby was caught I think last Christmas and rightly condemned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They have been with each other for half of his life. 3 kids, 1 on the way. Cheating with hookers x3. Drink driving. And that's the stuff we know about.

I suppose that since when they've been with each other for so long and so young, they are probably in fear of being single. She'd be afraid he could replace her easily. He'd be afraid of her taking the kids. The relationship is toxic.

And they say romance is dead!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The head on him, if I didn't know who he was I'd have him down for a right gurrier altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

A drink driving charge is hardly a deal breaker for her.

It might be a bit of publicity for her. You'd have to be a bit cunning to have kids with an arse-hole like him so I'd say she's well prepared in her exit strategy.
    This drink thing is irrelevant.

He'd be afraid of her taking the kids. The relationship is toxic.

Unless, of course, the relationship is great and divorce has never crossed their mind?

There's no defending drink driving in this day and age, but I think if that was cited as a dealbreaker in a divorce court you'd get a Judge peering over his glasses. Cheating is a different issue entirely, but has he done it since they married? And even if he had, is it anyone else's business but theirs as to how it should be regarded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

if she was willing to stay after the 'granny hooker' debacle, then this will be a piece of cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Grayson wrote: »
    True but drink driving is reckless. It's putting your own and other's lives at risk. people who do it are complete scum.

Fully agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

He's a rotten yoke and he always has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

these lads are multi millionaires... can they not just hire a Ray Donovan minder type or at least a chauffeur to ferry them around... no need to even be driving ffs especially when if they are taking a drink ....

He's a rotten yoke and he always has been.

I dunno how one could come to that conclusion. He seems to have kept a low enough profile despite the attention, he hasn't hawked his kids around the media, I recall him and his wife donating a million to Alder Hay children's hospital being the proceeds of the VIP wedding shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

mada999 wrote: »
    these lads are multi millionaires... can they not just hire a Ray Donovan minder type or at least a chauffeur to ferry them around... no need to even be driving ffs especially when if they are taking a drink ....

This is one of the strange parts of this story.

It's has always been clear that rooney has always had issues with his 'lifestyle', but clearly Manchester United have been able to protect him and cover up his foibles, keeping him out of the papers. He moves to Everton, and within weeks is the centre of this story.
    Big **** up by Everton as much as from Rooney himself, they knew what they were getting into, and to leave him swinging like this is poor business. (I'm no fan of Rooney or United by the way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

To lazy to read. Was he over the limit from the night before? Or was it straight from the pub/club to his car?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

It's has always been clear that rooney has always had issues with his 'lifestyle', but clearly Manchester United have been able to protect him and cover up his foibles, keeping him out of the papers. He moves to Everton, and within weeks is the centre of this story.
    Big **** up by Everton as much as from Rooney himself, they knew what they were getting into, and to leave him swinging like this is poor business. (I'm no fan of Rooney or United by the way)

He was up to all sorts of weird things, the Granny thing, the hookers thing, the wedding thing, they were all before he re-joined Everton.
    He's not very bright. Insanely wealthy, but not too smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Nabber wrote: »
    To lazy to read. Was he over the limit from the night before? Or was it straight from the pub/club to his car?

Was drinking and was driving a young lady home in her car. Presumably he considered her too drunk to drive. So he was being chivalrous really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Was he out swinging again? Durrty.

He was up to all sorts of weird things, the Granny thing, the hookers thing, the wedding thing, they were all before he re-joined Everton.

What was the wedding thing?

The hookers thing? Insanely rich 20 something sports star gets with hookers? Not the weirdest thing I've heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Lisha wrote: »
    Was drinking and was driving a young lady home in her car. Presumably he considered her too drunk to drive. So he was being chivalrous really.

Wow someone with all her own teeth and not a blue rinse in sight. He's a changed man. :pac:

Wow someone with all her own teeth and not a blue rinse in sight. He's a changed man. :pac:

Oh a reformed character alright.... Colleen must be sick :(

Colleen is the brains of that outfit.

Colleen is the brains of that outfit.

I hope the money is worth it to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

She's independently wealthy. Books, fashion....she was richer than him when they married. Might have changed in the interim.

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/journalist/coleen-rooney-net-worth/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Not really though.... he has been relatively well protected over recent years. The only story I can recall was the one where his mate (was it phil bardsley) knocked him out with a punch while drinking in the house, and that got out because the other lad posted it up on social media. There have been other storied covering up stuff I'm sure, a couple of mysterious injuries around Xmas spring to mind.

I'd fear for rooney in the future tbh. It would appear he's not the sharpest tool in the box, but at the same time, I wouldn't like to see him discarded onto the scrap heap once he's stopped generating the cash for various vested interests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

He's not going to last long at Everton if he carries on like this.

The odds on his next club: Stringfellows - 8/11

Spearmint Rhino- 3/1.

His next club could be a 5 iron when Colleen gets home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The "wedding thing" was him having a good few glasses of red wine at a wedding on the week of a match. Slight incident of unprofessionalism at worst.

The granny thing and prostitue thing were the same scandel. He went for or looked for "mature" hookers. That was a long time ago.

His big crime was doing the dirt on his wife when she was pregnant. Woman who had forgiven him for the above prostitute thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

And this is why ronaldo is a genius
    Don't need no baby momma

And the football stuff too I spose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Nabber wrote: »

Too lazy to reply

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    The "wedding thing" was him having a good few glasses of red wine at a wedding on the week of a match.

Bloody hell. He's being called out on that? That's listed as one of his big wrongdoings?

Some people really shouldn't read about the scrapes of the likes of the Offaly hurlers back in the day when they played hard and partied harder. And would fall off their chairs if they read of the exploits of teams like the Dallas Cowboys with their "White House" kept stocked up with hookers and drugs 24/7.

I don't like ManU. But Christ it wouldn't cross my mind to keep tabs on the wrongs of their players, down to drinking wine on the week of a match.

I guess I was answering a post from a poster with Shankly in his name. Evidently he didn't pick ManU when he was picking which English team he should follow, and that's his prerogative, but no need to get that wrapped up in it all. After all, it's only chance he didn't pick a club Rooney played for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

He'll bat this off like it never happened, he comes across as one of those people who can shut out any troubling situation, his missus is well aware of his foibles and infidelities but being Mrs Wayne Rooney Plc is a good gig so she'll know how to turn the screw if he's been a naughty boy, new house for the in-laws Wazza?, time to make a dent in the off-shore account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Good ol' Wayne...the stupid fcuking cnut..

Disgrace that a multi-million pound footballer was driving a VW Beetle...
    Especially when he should of got your one to drive instead...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4845492/Office-worker-29-prosecco-vodka-Wayne-Rooney.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

He should have tried the amazingly funny Aussie response of "I'm just waiting for a mate". Google or you tube it. It's funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

I never said it was acceptable, and i didn't condone it,
    my point is, it's common place in Ireland in my experience.
    If billybobs story is true then that's terrible obviously, but i wouldn't be calling
    a large amount of our society scum of the earth, for an accident involving someone else

I don't understand this comment. Are you saying that the someone else, ie the sober person, is reresponsible for the accident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Drink driving is the least of Rooney problems, his marriage could well be over now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We had a kiss and a hug and some banter... I'm not a marriage wrecker

Only cause he crashed your car before he could bed you love.

He's a scumbag. I hope she leaves him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

xzanti wrote: »
    Only cause he crashed your car before he could bed you love.

He's a scumbag. I hope she leaves him.

Did he crash the car? I don't think he did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Surprised he was only 3 times over the limit with all this boozing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Did he crash the car? I don't think he did

Mea Culpa.... he didn't crash but their little party was called a halt to anyway.

Delighted for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

So he has now cheated on Coleen 4 times that we know of.

She seems like a very pleasant individual, not a stereotypical football WAG. You often see couple's who get together young and can't seem to separate despite being miserable. She could easily move on but is afraid to make the step. He can ride everything in front of him but would still be miserable because he won't have Coleen and the kids.

He is a thick piece of s**t. I was only starting to warm to him of late too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Shouldn't the thread title be "Wayne Rooney DRUNK driving"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Good ol' Wayne...the stupid fcuking cnut..

Disgrace that a multi-million pound footballer was driving a VW Beetle...
    Especially when he should of got your one to drive instead...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4845492/Office-worker-29-prosecco-vodka-Wayne-Rooney.html

The heck of her, and him, uggs - Shrek and Fiona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Why do you say he's not too smart?
    I saw him answering questions at a press conference for the England team not too long ago, about three years back, where the press pack were asking some very awkward questions regarding the manager and his team selection. Imo Rooney handled the situation very adroitly and really was quite impressive. He may not have a huge vocabulary but he chose his words very wisely that day and managed to give the hounds the slip, so to speak, as he did many a defender at his peak. Btw, he's not quite a has-been yet, he's started pretty well for his beloved Everton, so reports of his career demise are greatly exaggerated
    Also, I think there's a lazy-minded tendency to think that footballers are a bit thick, maybe because the vast majority of them are working-class without a third level education etc.
    But I don't believe that there's any real evidence for this perception, personally I think a lot of that type of slagging or criticism is just pure envy, it's like the only stick left to beat them with is the old 'thicko' one.
    Just remember that unlike a lot of people, a footballer doesn't have to impress with language - he does his talking on the pitch Brian - and therefore there's little or no expectation from any quarter for him to so do. So stick a mic under his nose straight after a game with the adrenaline still pumping and he's going to say that 'the lads gave 110%' or some such platitudinous crap. It's just not that important to him to give an impression of being erudite and articulate. I'd say more times than not he can't wait to to get back in the into the dressing room, have a shower and head back to his mansion in Cheshire to count his money.

For the record, at the time of the 'Granny' incident Rooney was 18 years old, so would hardly be expected to have the wisdom of Solomon, and staying with biblical characters, the 'Granny' in question was 48 years old..... so not quite up there with the lad Methuselah!

Also, I think there's a lazy-minded tendency to think that footballers are a bit thick, maybe because the vast majority of them are working-class without a third level education etc.

I don't assume footballers are thick. That would be lazy unscientific thinking.

I assume anyone called Wayne is thick...

• Advertisement
Advertisement