Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayne Rooney Drink Driving

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Reading the story is hilarious
    The girls comments are beyond retarded
    Im no home wrecker it was just a bit of craic
    I asked my wife she informed me i wasnt let go off kissing other women so no its not just a bit of craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

I don't assume footballers are thick. That would be lazy unscientific thinking.

I assume anyone called Wayne is thick...

Found one (other than Mr. Rooney) who isn't!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Morse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Found one (other than Mr. Rooney) who isn't!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Morse

He's dead with 43 years.

blade1 wrote: »
    He's dead with 43 years.

No one said he had to be a 'alive' as such.
    I'll have another root around the interweb so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Wayne Kerr the rugby player? :)

...or this lass. She used to be Wayne?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayne_County

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

If i was him id be doing the same thing he could replace coleen in the morning and she knows it. She should be very grateful he kept her when his fame came along.

If i was him id be doing the same thing he could replace coleen in the morning and she knows it. She should be very grateful he kept her when his fame came along.

They're the parents of three children.
    Both lucky to have found each other I would have thought.
    Where does 'grateful' come in to it, or are you taking the proverbial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Bruce Wayne.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Bruce Wayne.

Nearly, but I think Wayne has to be the first name.
    Ask Conor74, he said that anyone called Wayne is thick, maybe the surname does count.
    It would certainly make it easier to find intelligent Waynes on the interweb. Sure there must be a world of them somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Wayne has to be the first name.

Wayne Foundation.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Wayne Foundation.

Build me up buttercup but I'm not sure if that's a bloke, I think it might be a foundation.
    Ask Conor 74, he started it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

AnneFrank wrote:
    Caught three times over the limit, I'm sure the keyboard warriors will be out in force, but this is a common thing, especially here in Ireland

Don't mind the drink drinking. The dirt bird is caught cheating on his wife again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Have you seen the head on him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

Quite a warped view on relationship dynamics, particularly when the couple in question also have children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nabber wrote: »
    To lazy to read. Was he over the limit from the night before? Or was it straight from the pub/club to his car?

It's the same thing. Having 3 pints and having a blood alcohol reading of x is the same as having 8 and having the same level in the morning.

But he was coming from the pub/club.

As for the affects on his marriage, the drink driving isn't going to register on the scale of bad crap when compared to what he was doing in some young ones car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

His father Mickey must be turning in his grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Don't mind the drink drinking. The dirt bird is caught cheating on his wife again.

And she is preggers again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Of course it's his own fault.

But, I do feel a bit sorry for him. All that talent looks like it's imploding.

He needs a father figure, like he had in Ferguson, who takes no sh*t. Mourinho was never going to be that.

Doubt he'll find it at Everton either.

Sad, really.

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

He's disgusting, always has been but tbh I don't really feel sorry for colleen. Bit of a dumbass really, continually forgiving him. What does she expect.
    Poor kids though. Esp the eldest who will,no doubt, have classmates knowing it all

Imagine all the times he wasn't caught out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

tupenny wrote: »
    He's disgusting, always has been but tbh I don't really for sorry for colleen. Bit of a dumbass really, continually forgiving him. What does she expect.
    Poor kids though. Esp the eldest who will,no doubt, have classmates knowing it all

I know she knew what she was marrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

He's disgusting, always has been but tbh I don't really for sorry for colleen. Bit of a dumbass really, continually forgiving him. What does she expect.

That's a bit harsh, we all make mistakes

Or you could look at it this way: she has the grace to forgive him and he promises not to do it again, yet still does it, while holding on to his comfortable domestic situation while the mother of his three children (fourth on the way) is at home, keeping his comfy home and domestic situation together.

... instead of having no empathy for her and even blaming her somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Dinarius wrote:

Dinarius wrote:
    He needs a father figure, like he had in Ferguson, who takes no sh*t. Mourinho was never going to be that.

In fairness he's been like this from the start. Maybe it's getting worse? I don't know, I don't follow football at all but he was caught with a hooker at the start of his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I heard he was driving some young one home in her car, Colleen gonna pissed about this!!!

Yer wan was probably bringing him home to meet her granny !!

• Advertisement

Spider Web wrote: »
    Or you could look at it this way: she has the grace to forgive him and he promises not to do it again, yet still does it.

Yes so how many times do you think she should forgive him?

"Fool me once , shame on you. Fool me twice...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Dinarius wrote: »

Sad, really.

D

"He needs a father figure".He is thirty one years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I hear he's just glad of the 3 points.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I hear he's just glad of the 3 points.:)

If you put those three points and the amount of pints he drank on his piss up together, does that mean he had more points than Arsenal ?

Yes so how many times do you think she should forgive him?

"Fool me once , shame on you. Fool me twice...."
    But the rest of what I said - yeah I'ma blame him for choosing to cheat on the mother of his three (nearly four) children, whom he is quite happy to have sex with and stay married to.

If they had no children I'd be more in agreement but when there are children, he takes responsibility as a father the way she is doing so as a mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Did he crash the car? I don't think he did

yes, he crashed the car into a boy in a wheelchair and his elderly mother, he then unleashed a tirade of abuse at the police who turned up, he had earlier been seen glugging wine in a fancy restaurant.

Spider Web wrote: »
    But the rest of what I said - yeah I'ma blame him for choosing to cheat on the mother of his three (nearly four) children, whom he is quite happy to have sex with and stay married to.

If they had no children I'd be more in agreement but when there are children, he takes responsibility as a father the way she is doing so as a mother.

Yes so he's scum that she should leave

pgj2015 wrote: »
    yes, he crashed the car into a boy in a wheelchair and his elderly mother, he then unleashed a tirade of abuse at the police who turned up, he had earlier been seen glugging expensive champagne - Boërl & Kroff Brut Rose at 2,000 quid a pop - in a fancy restaurant.

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LENNY86

Am I the only one interested if he got his end off in the VW beetle?

LENNY86 wrote: »

I think 'away' rather than 'off'.
    Although it could be said that he was playing 'away' and was, therefore, 'offside'.
    There's a Gary Lineker thread somewhere about someone who got his 'end off' so to speak. It's all about humour (the thread itself not the incident of course)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

"He needs a father figure".He is thirty one years old.

And he has already has a father :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm not surprised he tried it again, he got away with it before, he must think his wife is a complete doormat. I hope she has enough self respect left to leave him once and for all. Great example they are setting those kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

LENNY86 wrote: »

If he did it wasn't the first time he got it in a wagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

The infidelity thing is between him and his missus - it says a lot about the media who are more interested in that aspect of the story.

But getting behind the wheel of a car after one too many is the act of a complete fkn dickhead. I find it hard to believe the cops pulled him over on a hunch - the manner of his driving must have caught their attention.

Was probably back to something akin to his best football after stagnating in recent years, as well. Absolute tool.

The infidelity thing is between him and his missus - it says a lot about the media who are more interested in that aspect of the story
    I usually wouldn't be interested in relationship stories either - it's more the comments here that have me baffled: she should be grateful that he has stayed with her, or it's partly her fault for staying with him (rather than him, you know, not breaking up with her and not continuing to have children with her and not being happy to keep the comfort of his domestic situation yet playing away). Fookin' hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Him lacking integrity obviously is no fault of hers - but repeatedly forgiving a serial cheater with a history of poor and selfish choices is a cycle she's allowed to perpetuate. By cycle no 4, she surely can't (or shouldn't) be that surprised at another humiliating drag thru the red tops.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Not the brightest chap in the world, hardly surprising that he's gone and done something like this.

This brain dead mentality held him back from reaching his true potential as a footballer too. Had the ability to be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he only got caught the last time because Colleen found yer ones Dame Vera Lynn's records in the boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Early thirties, bald, fat and lost his pace, I think that shipped sailed a few years ago :rolleyes:

Hey he is not bald, shure didn't he get the hairs on his ar** transferred on to his head. ;)
    What was the wedding thing?

The hookers thing? Insanely rich 20 something sports star gets with hookers? Not the weirdest thing I've heard.

Old hookers and not the fancy ones neither.
    begbysback wrote: »
    Have you seen the head on him?

Actually heard Brian Kerr talk about how Ireland were looking at him when he was a young kid.
    After watching him in reserve game, one of the scouts reported back that he was going to be brilliant and he definitely had Irish roots because he looked like an Irish traveller kid.

BTW we also missed out on that other fine English footballer Paul Gascoigne.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Actually heard Brian Kerr talk about how Ireland were looking at him when he was a young kid.
    After watching him in reserve game, one of the scouts reported back that he was going to be brilliant and he definitely had Irish roots because he looked like an Irish traveller kid.

BTW we also missed out on that other fine English footballer Paul Gascoigne.[/QUOTE]

Glad we didnt get him, hes not the kind of guy we want in our national team, football skills aside, hes a despicable human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Dinarius wrote: »

Sad, really.

D

What a load of ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Glad we didnt get him, hes not the kind of guy we want in our national team, football skills aside, hes a despicable human being.

if we had a player capable of 50+ international goals we might overlook his foibles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Winterlong wrote: »
    No, keyboard warriors are commonly out in force in ireland.

Thanks to you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

But the thing is a lot of very good footballers and indeed sportspeople are despicable human beings.

Ever hear of lance armstrong, a truly nasty piece of work.
    Although one could argue he did a great deal for cancer awareness and sufferers.

A scumbag to one set of fans is a hero to another set.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement

The assessment of someone's personality should have little bearing on whether they are good enough to play. Would we really have turned down George Best?

Plus I often think a lot of the perception is down to the media spinning it a certain way, to give us one dimensional heroes and villains, so we all assume Messi is some wonderful type while Ronaldo is sulking and scowling.

Advertisement