Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayne Rooney Drink Driving

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Turns out the girl is on a Sugar Daddy website, seeking older rich men to support her lifestyle.

She was definitely going to spill the beans one way or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

xzanti wrote: »
    Turns out the girl is on a Sugar Daddy website, seeking older rich men to support her lifestyle.

She was definitely going to spill the beans one way or the other.
    I actually read the trashy article, I was on a flight..
    Wayne is just stupid and drunk and rich, but she seemed like a right bi##h altogether..she knew exactly what was gonna happen..blabbing then.
    Feel sorry for Coleen and the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Actually heard Brian Kerr talk about how Ireland were looking at him when he was a young kid.
    After watching him in reserve game, one of the scouts reported back that he was going to be brilliant and he definitely had Irish roots because he looked like an Irish traveller kid.

BTW we also missed out on that other fine English footballer Paul Gascoigne.

Glad we didnt get him, hes not the kind of guy we want in our national team, football skills aside, hes a despicable human being.[/quote]

lol - were u watching that crap they put on the other night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

The assessment of someone's personality should have little bearing on whether they are good enough to play. Would we really have turned down George Best?

Plus I often think a lot of the perception is down to the media spinning it a certain way, to give us one dimensional heroes and villains, so we all assume Messi is some wonderful type while Ronaldo is sulking and scowling.

interesting point, george best did ALOT worse to women than wayne rooney,
    yet is revered in this country, funny that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

George Best will be turning in his grave reading this thread

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

What has a potato looking guy got to do around here to get a bit of luck is what Rooney must be thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Actually heard Brian Kerr talk about how Ireland were looking at him when he was a young kid.
    After watching him in reserve game, one of the scouts reported back that he was going to be brilliant and he definitely had Irish roots because he looked like an Irish traveller kid.

BTW we also missed out on that other fine English footballer Paul Gascoigne.

Glad we didnt get him, hes not the kind of guy we want in our national team, football skills aside, hes a despicable human being.[/QUOTE]

Going a bit too far, no?

Seems to be a good Dad to his children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Glad we didnt get him, hes not the kind of guy we want in our national team, football skills aside, hes a despicable human being.[/QUOTE]

Going a bit too far, no?

Seems to be a good Dad to his children.

Repeatedly cheating on your spouse and undermining your marriage are not the actions of a good parent. Drink driving is not the actions of a good parent. He's very lucky he didn't kill himself or someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Colleen should finally leave him plus clean him out, she is famous enough on her own now as cheated on many many times WAG :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What a legend :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

AGC wrote: »
    Rooney didn't hit anyone(That we know of) so no comparison in sentencing, he'll get a ban and a fine like anyone else if found guilty. Can't just create sentences because of who he is.

That was Darren Gibson you're thinking of

he hit a cyclist
    which is much harder when drunk as they go faster than a pedestrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

begbysback wrote: »
    George Best will be turning in his grave reading this thread

George would have been in the car with him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭mezzz

have to agree with rooney about the mature women,
    the older the fiddle the sweeter the tune

Very harsh sentence

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Very harsh sentence

Would you say that if he knocked someone down while drunk driving? Got away lightly in my book.

Banned from driving for 2 years and 100 hours community service? Most likely spent teaching soccer skills.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4894346/Wayne-Rooney-appear-court-charged-drink-driving.html

Would you say that if he knocked someone down while drunk driving? Got away lightly in my book.

Banned from driving for 2 years and 100 hours community service? Most likely spent teaching soccer skills.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4894346/Wayne-Rooney-appear-court-charged-drink-driving.html

He didn't though did he, that's the point.
    Forget the money or fame it happens to over 2000 irish people a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He didn't though did he, that's the point.
    Forget the money or fame it happens to over 2000 irish people a year

he got off lightly. he was three times over the UK limit, which is higher than the irish limit. He would have received a minimum 3 year ban here.

he got off lightly. he was three times over the UK limit, which is higher than the irish limit. He would have received a minimum 3 year ban here.

i know what you're saying, but to me dangerous driving at speed is just as bad,
    but what do you get for that, a slap on the wrist and a couple of penalty points at most. 2 years and a 100 hours for a mistake where no one was hurt and his insurance will be tripled seems very high to me. There would be no community service in ireland either so it's a bit different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

but what do you get for that, a slap on the wrist and a couple of penalty points at most. 2 years and a 100 hours for a mistake where no one was hurt and his insurance will be tripled seems very high to me. There would be no community service in ireland either so it's a bit different

Entering a roundabout in the left lane if you're taking the third exit is a mistake.

Deciding to drink drive at 3 times the limit isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

His insurance will be tripled? :D He's Wayne Rooney - money is no object. I don't understand your argument - is it 'sure loads of people drink drive, where's the harm?'

• Advertisement

a conviction for dangerous driving carries a 2 year disqualification and up to 6 months in prison. and that is if you dont hurt anybody. if you cause death or serious harm the penalties are much worse.

a conviction for dangerous driving carries a 2 year disqualification and up to 6 months in prison. and that is if you dont hurt anybody. if you cause death or serious harm the penalties are much worse.

i'm presuming you are quoting the extreme case, i would hazard a guess this rarely happens.
    Different point i guess but i was just making a comparison,
    i'm not condoning drink driving i just think it's harsh where there was no crash or injury,

optogirl wrote: »
    His insurance will be tripled? :D He's Wayne Rooney - money is no object. I don't understand your argument - is it 'sure loads of people drink drive, where's the harm?'

no of course not !! I'm not condoning it i just think it's harsh that's all,
    first offence, no crash no injury, who knows what issue anyone might have.
    A big fine and penalty points first offence would be enough for me in this instance

i'm presuming you are quoting the extreme case, i would hazard a guess this rarely happens.
    Different point i guess but i was just making a comparison,
    i'm not condoning drink driving i just think it's harsh where there was no crash or injury,

i'm not quoting the extreme case. you would hazard incorrectly.

http://www.synnottlawline.ie/dont-lose-license-dangerous-driving-ireland/
    If the case is heard in the District Court then the maximum prison sentence is 6 months. An offender will also face an endorsement on their licence and disqualification from driving. If it is your first offence then the disqualification in the District Court is usually two years and on indictment 4 years.

cases at the lower level are tried in the district court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

A big fine and penalty points first offence would be enough for me in this instance

A fine would mean nothing to him, either would points increasing his insurance costs.

i'm not quoting the extreme case. you would hazard incorrectly.

http://www.synnottlawline.ie/dont-lose-license-dangerous-driving-ireland/

cases at the lower level are tried in the district court.

so you are giving an example where no one is hurt ?

so you are giving an example where no one is hurt ?

yes. they are the cases at the lower level. where there is death or serious harm the penalties are much higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No surprise Coleen standing by Wayne again

Advertisement