Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did the 409 route just get a load of new buses?

Options
  • 01-09-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

I took the 409 back to Doughiska at around 7pm last night and passed I think 7 other 409s on the way.
    Is the service adding more frequency to the service or just showing a load of new drivers the route.
    Noticed that the seats now have a set of USB ports beside them which seemed odd. Are they going to remain intact ok.
    |So looks like there are now a load of new buses added to the fleet. I assume they will be distributed across the town's services. I can't see anything on this online.
    Just thinking that i found out that each new bus was €250,000 when the new ones were added 2 years ago. I thought somebody had told me that the bus service was deeply in debt recently. Just wondering how much it's just spent if these buses are brand new as they appear to be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Stevolende wrote: »
    . I thought somebody had told me that the bus service was deeply in debt recently. Just wondering how much it's just spent if these buses are brand new as they appear to be.

On pso routes the busses are purchased by the tii and are given to bus company.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Does a new Galway bus need to get an NCT from the Doughiska rd or would new buses be delivered via Parkmore or something or via the Dublin rd so come in via there.
    JUst surprised to see quite so many in the 15-20 minute journey to Doughiska and I think one might have come in behind us on Eyre square before we left.
    I thought the service got less frequent after 7 too. So 8 or 9 of the same service being on at that time seemed odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Commercial vehicle NCT's not done at Doughiska AFAIK.

Maybe BE were doing some kind of publicity stunt / photo shoot? If they were adding services to the timetable, there would have been an announcement about it. There is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

On pso routes the busses are purchased by the tii and are given to bus company.

It's NTA/Transport for Ireland that fund the buses not TII.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I got told that there were 2 new buses added to the 409 route. & that in a normal hour prior to the schedule changeover at 7 or 7.30 there would be 5 buses in rotation. Hence each one arriving at roughly 12 minute intervals.
    Nonetheless every bus I saw a number on on that ride last Thursday said 409.
    So are there more buses added to the general Galway bus fleet that for some reason on that one occasion had all gone out as 409s?
    These do seem to be pretty new new buses hence the USB port thing or whatever that actually is beside the seats. Looked all shiny and neon and unlikely to remain in one piece for too long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement