Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Barcelona 2017 - 30 Sept

Options
  • 01-09-2017 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Who else is in for this? Think there might be a few from here heading over. Race pack out today. I see the hill is gone from the bike again due to the change of date presumably.

Edit - D'oh - wrong forum - can some kind mod move it to the main one please?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hope you've been practising your drafting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

I'm in anyway ;) getting close. It's nice to be over the bulk of the training.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Someone told me at the weekend that there are 400 Irish registered for this race. Is that number accurate?

P.

pgibbo wrote: »
    Someone told me at the weekend that there are 400 Irish registered for this race. Is that number accurate?

P.

Just checked the start list and 353 registered as 'Ireland'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Not sure why they took the out and back hill out of it as it helped break up the packs last year. I will expect bike times to drop by a few minutes with that taken out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Not sure why they took the out and back hill out of it as it helped break up the packs last year. I will expect bike times to drop by a few minutes with that taken out.

It was originally in there but the race was moved back by one day (from the Sunday to the Saturday) about a month ago and the hill was removed as a result. I think there must have been issues with road closures at such short notice....

The date was changed due to an unofficial referendum on independence!

I just booked transfers on flybus from BCN to Calella (to your hotel) for €13.50 per head e/w

EC100 over halfway on the run now. On the way home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Steroo on a predicted 11:19 finish

EC100 over halfway on the run now. On the way home now.

Well that didn't exactly go to plan. Suffered from the off in the swim and knew I was in serious bother half way through the bike, HR was through the roof for very little effort. The run was mainly a walk. Not sure what haopened but just had a bad day for some reason. Will just have to do another one sometime!

• Advertisement

EC1000 wrote: »
    Well that didn't exactly go to plan. Suffered from the off in the swim and knew I was in serious bother half way through the bike, HR was through the roof for very little effort. The run was mainly a walk. Not sure what haopened but just had a bad day for some reason. Will just have to do another one sometime!

Ironman is a cruel bastard isn't it! That your first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Great time Steroo, well done in particular on the swim! Not bad for a lad who couldn't blow up water wings a couple of years ago! ;)

Ironman is a cruel bastard isn't it! That your first?

First one. A cruel and unusual form of punishment!

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    Great time Steroo, well done in particular on the swim! Not bad for a lad who couldn't blow up water wings a couple of years ago! ;)
    Thanks I surprised myself there too.. the sea was nice and warm and clear so it seemed easier than the Irish conditions

Bike was ok, a little boring.

Run was hard doing laps and stomach was in knots so I lost time there with walk breaks

But delighted overall. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be capable of a sub 12 IM

Here for another week with the family and enjoying the beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

So what were the bike times like compared to last year like?

I did the race last year & the hill definitely helped to break up the packs as it knocked the stuffing out of a lot of people.

Advertisement