Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internship / job experience

Options
  • 01-09-2017 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

I'm being made redundant in a few weeks and ive been toying with the idea of trying to gain experience in another field. Do business's take on 2 or 3 month interns. Looking to get into digital marketing. I have been doing lots of online courses and even looked at qqi standards. there is literally no difference between them so I feel I have the knowledge. I just need to put it to practice. Any advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrGaryFox

Quite a broad question but best plan of action here would be to identify 5 companies you would love to work with and believe you have a realistic chance of connecting with them. Create tailored approaches for each one.
    Don't scattergun your CV into companies and ask for internships. The good companies won't entertain it and the companies that will won't be the kind you'll learn anything from.

Companies will be only interested if you are going to bring value or add something to their business. Adding an intern for 2-3 months can be expensive in terms of having a staff member train/mentor you and get you working within the company. Really you want to approach them with a proposal for a project that you believe you could execute for them. Bring value and they'll listen. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Excellent advice. Thanks very much

Advertisement