Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xlmoto.ie opinions

• 01-09-2017 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Looking to replace some kit before the winter and came across xlmoto.ie. Has anyone used this website for parts and gear? Prices look decent enough though a huge amount of the stuff is unbranded or brands I've never heard from. Based in Germany I believe but have a limerick number for customer service on the site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I've used them a few times for gear and had no issues.

For what i payed i think it was great quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭TheShow

Ordered a few things here last week and order status hasn’t changed since I placed the order. Tried emailing for an update but no response. Anyone have any similar experiences?

ordered helmet, gloves, macna reflactive coat & trousers. took longer than expected but good quality gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I can't see an address on their site. This would put me off greatly.

I rang the customer service number which appears to be a Limerick number and i was talking to an Irish chap. Very helpful. Would not have any issue using again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 padderob

How do you login or sign up or leave a review with xlmoto?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I used them a bit. No problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Itineoman

XLMoto are fine - mainstream company. Got some soft luggage from them a while back and it was grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

XlMoto is fine, I use them for bits and pieces on and off. after buying something I usually get an email inviting me to comment on my purchase. I changed to them from Louis [Germain company] who went down the drain about a year ago.

Dan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭muddle84

The address is down the bottom of the website : https://www.xlmoto.ie/about

XLMOTO is a part of the company Pierce AB

Elektravägen 22, 126 30 Hägersten, Sweden

Companies register: Bolagsverket/Swedish Companies Registration Office

Company registration number: 556763-1592

Authorized representative: Willem Vos

VAT registration number: OSS VAT NO SE556763159201

• Advertisement

I've used them a good bit and never had a problem either with returns or orders. I have bought both brand gear(Schuberth, Richa and Dainese) as well as their own brand, Course. Their prices won't be beaten, the sizing for the Course stuff is well off though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 668 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Ordered a few things from them, stuff is pretty good. I have two of their own brand hard shell backpacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kris71

When I informed them that the aramid-liner motorcycle jeans that I purchased from them were pierced by a pack of cigarettes, including photos that perfectly align holes in them with the paper box of cigarettes that defeated this 'aramid-linear' material I was informed that due to their faith in the supplier they cannot believe it and will ignore it. So that was the last thing I bought from them and if you have any motorcycle gear from them test it for your own safety as their faith won't save your legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I use a load of European online stores, XLMoto, FCMoto, Louis, Rad... and have been very happy with them, but I only buy branded motorcycle gear, not the own brand stuff. If you read the listings on their own brand stuff, you'll find it very vague and even misleading in regard to the standards they meet... Simple rule of thumb is to pick an A rating that you find meets Value/Level of Protection/Style and keep with it... I generally go for AA rated gear, but did find myself buying an A rated item recently, but was aware that it didn't reach the AA standard due to a particular feature and I was okay with that.

I also change out the spurious armor in gear for either SASTech or D30...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Banzai600

i spend good money in a couple of shops here in IE throuhgout the year and support where i can.

But ive bought bits and pieces from XLMOTO, without any issue, and got 2 pairs of their own brand protective aramid jeans early last year, and they are super value. I got them for 50e each on sale. I use them in/out of work, on the scooter or bike. Warm / comfy in winter. and look smart. Armour is good, but its not the worst, and you can upgrade if you like. They've washed perfect and stayed in great shape. And after picking up other branded jeans, be ***ked if i can see the difference, they are still like new, and i bike 24/7.

One item i had to return last year to xlmoto, not jeans, hassle free and got a replacement within two weeks, simple, even though i had used the garment for a few months , the zip split awkwardly, too much hassle to repair.

ive recently bought a high end helmet in germany from another shop, as its was appx 200 cheaper than here, too good to pass up. You do what you can but when there are big savings to be had you have to avail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Used them a good few times, never had an issue, including with returning a few things.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

I had what sounds like the same issue where the zip split on a pair of their own brand trousers and I got a full refund of them no problem and didn't have to return the trousers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Banzai600

kinda similar jacket style garment.

even though you cant create an account, they do know the purchases you've made by name or email i think, so they know you're genuice enough. I sent pics, no q's asked, kept the item - gave away for free to someone who could repair, and i got a new one. Win win.

Advertisement