Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert - most effective marketing channels?

Options
  • 01-09-2017 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    Can you please share your experience / or personal preference on advertising channels (promotion) for a concert (not too big event).
    What kind / place of advertising is the most effective for turning viewers / readers into ticket buyers.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Hi,
    Can you please share your experience / or personal preference on advertising channels (promotion) for a concert (not too big event).
    What kind / place of advertising is the most effective for turning viewers / readers into ticket buyers.
    Thank you.

Depends. Is it an EDM show for 18 year olds or aged rockers gig for 50+. Is it up against 20 other shows in the same city, or a one off in the middle of know where. Not enough info to give an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eiretrailer

No big competition with other shows; event for various ages - families, more like foreign music; venue in Dublin -with parking.

But I would like to hear others' experience too - it doesn't have to be for this specific event. You can share what your event was and what worked best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Most likely Facebook - you can run a campaign based on;

Age group
    Marital status
    Likes (eg if they Like some of the bands who will be playing)
    Language preferences

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Personal contact: having performers (in our case choir members ) sell tickets ia best by far.

Old fashioned posters on noticeboards around the town are essential or people don't believe the online ad's .... in Galway anyways, may not work the same in dublin.

Church newsletters are cost effective , can't beat free! But you do have to spend time researching the secretaries email addresses.

Facebook advertising is very cheap and gets link clicks. But im not convinced that many actually attend.

Twitter posts (free) can be used to drum up last minute tourist sales if you can get the right retweets.

• Advertisement

When you say noticeboards around town - do you mean spaces where you stick posters for free or the designated areas with big posters. Is the latter done by advertising agencies - how could I find such agency?

Depends. Is it an EDM show for 18 year olds or aged rockers gig for 50+. Is it up against 20 other shows in the same city, or a one off in the middle of know where. Not enough info to give an answer.

Well, did I provide enough information?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

When you say noticeboards around town - do you mean spaces where you stick posters for free or the designated areas with big posters. Is the latter done by advertising agencies - how could I find such agency?

Just to add here, you'd want to be careful slapping up posters anywhere at all. You could find yourself at the wrath of council litter fines. If you want to print posters, you'd be better off putting them in areas that your expected clients are going to be. e.g. Families, hit the nearest cafe where Mum and Dad grab a coffee after the school run. Teenagers, the local Spar where they get lunch.

I would however go the online route. With the right person behind you, you can make the 200EUR you'll spend on printing posters go a very long way indeed through the likes of AdWords, Twitter and facebook marketing. For perspective, 100EUR could get you 250,000 views on facebook. The same might get you 100 posters which might be seen, if you are lucky, by 10,000 people, of which only 1% may actually be your market. That 250,000 will be people, based on an educated guess, be very likely to want to go to your concert.

Thanks. Definitely I'll be careful with the posters. I was thinking to make it maybe "the old" way - the poster boards that are designated for this but you raise now something to think about - limited (targeted group) by Facebook ads or bigger group but more "shooting in the dark" ;)

Advertisement