Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP help!

Options
  • 01-09-2017 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm in 5th year and I need 466 points for primary school teaching (in Mary I). I really need lcvp to make up these points and I don't know if I'll even get that much by doing lcvp..when I was picking my subjects we were never told that lcvp required certain subjects so I picked home economics geography biology and agricultural science (also English Irish and maths). I done French for the junior cert but I didn't pick it as I taught I wouldn't need it and I found it very difficult. Now that we are actually aware that some people might not be eligible I'm panicking...at the start I presumed that I was eligible because some people were not given a book for lcvp and I was even though the school new our subject choices..but now after looking it up I can't understand if you're eligible if you done a third language for jc or if it was compulsory to carry it on!? Please help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

As far as I understand the language requirement can be Junior Certificate level, so if I'm correct you've met that requirement.

However I know for sure that you're eligible for LCVP with your subjects as you're doing home economics and biology which is one of the link modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marriedcouple

Do you not need the third language (french) for college anyway? It's a long time since I did the leaving but it was always a requirement back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Do you not need the third language (french) for college anyway? It's a long time since I did the leaving but it was always a requirement back then.

Depends on the college. For example, I know that colleges under NUI need a third language eg. UCD, NUIG. However, Trinity doesn't require a third language for entry, unless specified for course requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lorrain3

jeonahr wrote: »
    Depends on the college. For example, I know that colleges under NUI need a third language eg. UCD, NUIG. However, Trinity doesn't require a third language for entry, unless specified for course requirements.

The only colleges that require a third language as of 2017 are the university's like UCC UCD NUI, UL Mary immaculate Trinity and the ITs don't have it as a requirement

Advertisement