Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

android gps location app

Options
  • 01-09-2017 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭

Looking for an app that can pin point my location when I am out in a cycle.
    So the missus doesn't need to worry that I am in a ditch.
    Thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Find My Device any use? I know of others who use the iPhone equivalent to ad hoc check their partner's location, as opposed to strava/garmin live sharing. Though it does mean they can do it any time if they have that access!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Take a look at beacon feature on Strava premium. Don't use it myself but sounds like something that could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Google maps has location sharing. I've used it on sportives to get an indication of where in the course colleagues are. It works reasonably well but sometimes takes a little while to update e.g. there could be a delay of 10 minutes or so.
    https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7326816?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Check out Life 360, can share real time location information.

Advertisement