Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Cancelling BOI Savings SEPA DD Online A Valid Option For SEPA DD Refunds?

Options
  • 02-09-2017 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have currently blocked all future direct debit services from my account, but I would also like to get a refund for the money I put into a savings plan, which I can no longer financially commit to.

I have the SEPA Debit Refund form and noticed I need to provide proof of cancellation. On Banking365 there is the option to Cancel 'BOI Savings SEPA DD'. If I click this will I get a confirmation that is valid to post along with the SEPA Direct Debit Refund form or will that money be lost if I cancel.

It hasn't been 8 weeks yet since I was first debited, so I want to know so I can make the right decision now and not make a mistake I'll regret.

Thanks,
    M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have currently blocked all future direct debit services from my account, but I would also like to get a refund for the money I put into a savings plan, which I can no longer financially commit to.

I have the SEPA Debit Refund form and noticed I need to provide proof of cancellation. On Banking365 there is the option to Cancel 'BOI Savings SEPA DD'. If I click this will I get a confirmation that is valid to post along with the SEPA Direct Debit Refund form or will that money be lost if I cancel.

It hasn't been 8 weeks yet since I was first debited, so I want to know so I can make the right decision now and not make a mistake I'll regret.

Thanks,
    M
    Hi karaokeman,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here through Boards. 
    Once the Direct Debits that you are looking to get refunded has come out less then eight weeks ago, you can select option A and once you have selected that there is no need to provide a proof of cancellation. If the Direct Debit came out more than eight weeks and you cancelled the ,
    Direct Debit before it came out of your account, you'd select option B and you can request a proof of cancellation through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile. 

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thank you.

I posted the refund forms yesterday and selected option A.

How long does it usually take for my account to be refunded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

karaokeman wrote: »
    Thank you.

I posted the refund forms yesterday and selected option A.

How long does it usually take for my account to be refunded?
    Hi Karaokeman,

Thanks for the reply.

Your refund should be processed within 3 business days from when we receive your form.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane,

Advertisement