Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance cancellation

Options
  • 02-09-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I was issued with a notice of cancellation from my insurer the other day and I can't solve the problem with them. I am wondering has anyone had their insurance cancelled and were you able to get insurance afterwards? I know it will be alot more expensive but wondering of brokers who would quote me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

The question is why was it cancelled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 briankin

dev100 wrote: »
    The question is why was it cancelled ?

Due to speeding incident. Not ideal I know when going to another insurer

briankin wrote:
    Due to speeding incident. Not ideal I know when going to another insurer

Like as in court case doing over 180kmph or receiving 3 penalty points for doing 10kmph over the speed limit ?

Like as in court case doing over 180kmph or receiving 3 penalty points for doing 10kmph over the speed limit ?

No no doing roughly 15km/20km over the speed limit. But I wasn't caught by a speeding van it is my insurer, Boxymo. They have a GPS system in the car and tracks your driving. I've argued that it wasn't excessive speeding but there no talking to them. I am just wondering who could I turn to to get cover? Badly need it as I drive to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

briankin wrote: »
    No no doing roughly 15km/20km over the speed limit. But I wasn't caught by a speeding van it is my insurer, Boxymo. They have a GPS system in the car and tracks your driving. I've argued that it wasn't excessive speeding but there no talking to them. I am just wondering who could I turn to to get cover? Badly need it as I drive to work.

Their website says they will cancel a policy at speeds around 160kph, what was the actual speed you were doing? I presume if you were with Boxymo, you are relatively young, so that is not going to help getting getting an alternative quote

• Advertisement

briankin wrote:

As one poster assumes young driver ? Any NCB /full license ? Ring up a broker and tell them your predicament. I know if you were charged with a motoring offense ie losing license endorsement s they have to be declared nog to sure what way it stands with your case . If you are young and have no ncb it's just gonna cost you more to get insured

Whatever you do park the car up until resolved . Take a few days off work if needed and get it sorted

As one poster assumes young driver ? Any NCB /full license ? Ring up a broker and tell them your predicament. I know if you were charged with a motoring offense ie losing license endorsement s they have to be declared nog to sure what way it stands with your case . If you are young and have no ncb it's just gonna cost you more to get insured

Whatever you do park the car up until resolved . Take a few days off work if needed and get it sorted

They caqncelled my insurance because it happened 3 times. I'm 27 full license with 5 years no claims bonus. Reason I went with this crowd Boxymo was because it was cheapest by a couple hundred euro. I don't mind paying extra for the insurance as it is a lesson learned on my part but do you think i will be able to get cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can you get a letter from them stating your no claims bonus record, the fact they will not quote you because of some gadget attached to your vehicle is irrelevant and should not be noted on this letter as you have not been convicted of any offence.

Or do you have to declare when taking out a new policy if your insurance was ever cancelled? Not sure on this, have you got the last renewal, they always send the no claims record with renewal letter.

You originally said speeding incident , now it is 3. I doubt they will take you back voluntarily. Get written refusals from other insurers and contact the Declined Cases Committee in Insurance Ireland

august12 wrote: »
    Can you get a letter from them stating your no claims bonus record, the fact they will not quote you because of some gadget attached to your vehicle is irrelevant and should not be noted on this letter as you have not been convicted of any offence.

He still would have to disclose an enforced cancellation

• Advertisement
Advertisement