Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finnicky HDMI-mb Connection

Options
  • 02-09-2017 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

I done my first build at the start of the year, and purchased an MCI PC Mate motherboard. Purchased Feb17.

Just now I was cleaning up around the PC and noticed that the HDMI end plugged into the motherboard was slightly bent, so I straightened it up (gently!). I then got no signal to the monitor, just flashing blue screen as if it was half connecting but never actually getting there! After some time playing about with the connection I finally got picture back, but it's quite sensitive. If I knock the pc even a little I loose picture for a few seconds. Also, I now see some flickering pixels on screen, it's not too noticeable except on dark colours.

Just wondering what my options are here? I don't think it's the HDMI cable, more likely the connection between the HDMI slot and MB.

I'm just wondering what my options are here? If anyone had a similar issue? I'm normally one to just make do but as I've only had it 6 months I don't want to risk leaving it and then for it to go kaput out of warranty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You won't be covered by warranty as it sounds like it damaged from you not being careful with it.

You could get a cheapo graphics card with HDMI, that would mean you won't need to use the onboard graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I know you said you don't think its the hdmi cable but my first guess would be the hdmi cable as i accidentally bent one before and it was similar result to yours. Could you use a dvi or displayport cable instead maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Try with another HDMI cable first.

Advertisement