Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else looking forward to Winter Clothing ?

• 02-09-2017 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Feel like I've nearly had enough of the 'lighter wear' and as it gets a little darker and colder, looking forward to a few 'layers'. Does anyone else feel this way ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I love Winter clothes!
    Looking forward to wearing my lovely coat again, and to layering up with big scarves and soft sweaters.
    I've already bought a pair of cashmere blend socks for the coldest days :)
    The search will soon resume for the perfect boots - I'm like Goldilocks, everything is too high/too low/too ornate/too plain etc and they have to be leather, the choice of which seems to reduce another little bit every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Yes!

I'm not into fashion, and hate shopping! But iv gutted my wardrobe and can't wait to rebuild it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Any suggestion for a formal blouse/shirt that might suit a tall , bespectacled redhead ? Have Zara vouchers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Bought boots and a few knitted jumpers today - very excited!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I love hiding in my winter clothes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Nah, I'm hanging onto every last bit of summer. I hate Autumn, it's my least favourite season. Sat out in the garden yesterday with a G&T, catching a few luke warm rays.
    I may look daft but I'm still in my summerish gear. I'm away next month to the sun and I may face up to Autumn when I get back.

On the plus side - no more of this for a while
    saz-some-girls-shaving-hairy-legs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Yes, tights, boots, layers, skinny jeans, cardis etc.

Summer clothes annoy me a bit. The shops are full of them at the start of the summer but I find other than a foreign holiday and a rare sunny day in Ireland - I just don't get the wear out of summer clothes. Irish shops don't really seem to stock or style Irish summer appropriate clothes (or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places). I feel like I didn't get much wear out of my summer clothes at all this year and the past few weeks I've been itching to get away with opaque tights again.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭izzyregan

Love winter. Looking forward to transitioning my summer wardrobe into fall. (like there's a difference between the two) I've been looking for some cute layering ideas especially for t-shirts. I've seen some t-shirts layered over turtlenecks and looks nice. Has anybody got some other layering ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

Summer clothes annoy me a bit. The shops are full of them at the start of the summer but I find other than a foreign holiday and a rare sunny day in Ireland - I just don't get the wear out of summer clothes. Irish shops don't really seem to stock or style Irish summer appropriate clothes (or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places). I feel like I didn't get much wear out of my summer clothes at all this year and the past few weeks I've been itching to get away with opaque tights again.

completly agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I love autumn and I love autumn/winter clothes: snuggly jumpers, jeans, fluffy socks, boots, hats and scarves. I am doing a thorough clean-out of my wardrobe as I recently lost a bit of weight and lots of things no longer fit; together with starting a new job, it seems the perfect opportunity to buy some new things! Got some new jumpers, cardigans and shirts in the last week, and a couple of pairs of jeans. Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yes! My favourite outfits consist of skirts, tights a polo neck or some kind of knit. Or dresses and tights. My overall style would be quite 1960's inspired and I feel this time of year suits that look so well. I love coats too. I'm a coat hoarder. I bought a lovely shearling biker jacket in the All Saints sale and I'm just dying to wear it. I'm over summer now. Roll on darker evenings!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've already 3 autumn/winter jackets waiting to be worn that I got over the summer :D In my defense, one was insanely reduced in summer sales, one is new in from Zara and their coats fly out of stock, and, well, the other was a huge impulse buy :P I'm such a winter gal, love the rich colours and fabrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

I actually bought no summer clothes this year...I never wear them lol I love winter and already my boots have come out...well if I am honest I never really put them away!

Oh I must sort out my footwear this weekend. Put the sandals, wedges and flip flops in the back of the wardrobe and dust off the ankle boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Yes, I can finally wear out all my black coats and jackets again! And my docs. And my creepers. And cowls and scarfs and hoods.

Oh yes I must also dig out my scarves and give them a quick wash to freshen them up, they probably smell like stale perfume!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I like seasons in clothing. I can't say I am as sick of lighter clothing as I am of winter clothing in March. It's just soul destroying to wear heavy coats almost into April.

That being said there are couple of cashmere jumpers looking at me in the wardrobe and I'm planning to get nice leather biker jacket to freshen things up.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I like seasons in clothing. I can't say I am as sick of lighter clothing as I am of winter clothing in March. It's just soul destroying to wear heavy coats almost into April.

That being said there are couple of cashmere jumpers looking at me in the wardrobe and I'm planning to get nice leather biker jacket to freshen things up.

I agree, I feel the same way, lovely for a while but when it's every day.... :rolleyes::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Summer fashion in Ireland is a triumph of hope and expectation over reality! I have 3 lovely summer dresses that get worn to death on holiday and the rare occasion we have a proper "heatwave" but appart from that I don't own a lot of summer clothes. I love Autumn fashion because at least you know you will get some use out of the items you buy. I love the fact that proper woolly jumpers (fair isle type) are now a thing again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

To tell ye the truth my summer clothes are still in a box under my bed with the odd piece taken out. I just didn't get the wear of my bits this year, for whatever reason. I mostly wore jeans and t shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

izzyregan wrote: »
    Love winter. Looking forward to transitioning my summer wardrobe into fall. (like there's a difference between the two) I've been looking for some cute layering ideas especially for t-shirts. I've seen some t-shirts layered over turtlenecks and looks nice. Has anybody got some other layering ideas?
    Yes! Get a long sleeved tshirt, throw a sleeveless shirt on over it and then your tshirt on top of that as the outermost layer. Looks great with skinny jeans and even heels!

Have just realised again that size 14 on top is too long,size 16 as ever too wide,making me look big. The sales assistant ib Debenhams initially thought even a 14 would be too big. I left with a 16. Does anyone else face this dilema?14 shirt,16 wide ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh I must sort out my footwear this weekend. Put the sandals, wedges and flip flops in the back of the wardrobe and dust off the ankle boots.

I wear my wedges, and heels during the winter. I do have boots as well and will be taking them out and wearing them too. Nice to have the extra choice.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement