If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atmos speakers for Yamaha rxa1050

Options
  • 02-09-2017 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,I was looking to get a set of Atmos in roof speakers to go with my Yamaha rxa1050 amp,all my other speakers are monitor audio so I was thinking about the c180-c2 if this would be a suitable combination? If so what sort of price could you do on these,or anything else you would recommend instead?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

batfin wrote: »
    Hi,I was looking to get a set of Atmos in roof speakers to go with my Yamaha rxa1050 amp,all my other speakers are monitor audio so I was thinking about the c180-c2 if this would be a suitable combination? If so what sort of price could you do on these,or anything else you would recommend instead?
    Hi Batfin.

Thanks for coming back to us. 

We use some Monitor Audio's here at the store for our Atmos and they fit well with Yamaha amps.

There are few Monitor Audio in-ceiling speakers that you could use, the C180 would be at the higher end and are a great speaker.

Currently priced at £144.95 per speaker - I could do these at £127.00 each.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202765-c180.aspx

I could also do free shipping on these.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 batfin

Looks good - what’s the difference between the C180 and the C180-t2? Am I being stupid thinking the 180 is to be installed in pairs and the 180-t2 is suitable for single speaker installs? I’ll have to pop into the roofspace to measure between the beams to make sure they’ll fit but if they do I’d take them-can pick up as I’m not far from Belfast and would need speaker cable too-are these an in stock item?

Looks good - what’s the difference between the C180 and the C180-t2? Am I being stupid thinking the 180 is to be installed in pairs and the 180-t2 is suitable for single speaker installs? I’ll have to pop into the roofspace to measure between the beams to make sure they’ll fit but if they do I’d take them-can pick up as I’m not far from Belfast and would need speaker cable too-are these an in stock item?
    Hey Batfin.

Yeah the T2 version is a single stereo speaker but could not be used for Atmos.

You need the two singles for the correct Atmos experience.

We have them in stock here at the Belfast store and also speaker cable to suit.

Let me know if you are traveling to the store and I can set them to the side for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 batfin

Hi,measured the space between my roof beams and they’ll fit just fine :D Can pop in Sunday sometime to collect if that suits?

Hi,measured the space between my roof beams and they’ll fit just fine :D Can pop in Sunday sometime to collect if that suits?
    Not a problem at all Batfin.

Drop me your name and address in a PM and I'll pop the order on our system for you to collect.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.