Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for a good treadmill?

Options
  • 02-09-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi we were thinking of buying a treadmill for the winter months. Both my wife and myself run and would need a model that would have no problem sustaining a pace of 16 kph. Space isn't a problem as we have a large garage.
    We just don't want to buy one that is not suitable and break after a year.
    Has anyone got any suggestions on the type of treadmill and where would be a good place to buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I have a Reebok ZR8. It does go to 16 kph, though I never really tested for how long either the machine or myself can sustain that pace.

I bought it almost 2 years ago and it's still in perfectly fine condition. I bought mine at Argos, for the single one reason that it was the cheapest treadmill that seemed to fit my criteria, and I'm still perfectly happy with my choice. They delivered it within 2 days, if I remember correctly.

To be honest, it doesn't see an awful lot of use as I much prefer to run on the road, but whenever I use it it's working just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭redandwhite

How much would you pay for a decent treadmill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I got a NordicTrack T16.0 Folding Treadmill (Mail Order Return) for £750 delivered from powerhouse fitness. Strong motor which I think is 3.5 and 22km with 15% so I can do short intervals if I need too instead of just longer easy stuff.

They are normally over 1K £

So it arrived fully assembled but it was a big saving. Getting a strong motor is important as it will run quieter the more power it has.

I think the best thing is to get one with a shelf for a tablet. I just put on a show on a tablet and run away. I have run with the cheaper treadmills and I don't like them as I feel like there is no bounce and its not nice.

I have a strong mat under mine so the floor is not damaged. Mine is really used to run when the kids are home and me or my wife can't get out. Will use it more in the stormy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 selenarichard

fennor72 wrote: »
    Hi we were thinking of buying a treadmill for the winter months. Both my wife and myself run and would need a model that would have no problem sustaining a pace of 16 kph. Space isn't a problem as we have a large garage.
    We just don't want to buy one that is not suitable and break after a year.
    Has anyone got any suggestions on the type of treadmill and where would be a good place to buy?

I think you should go through the best treadmills feature to choose the one which you want.

inthemarket.ie/product-category/gym-equipment/treadmills-2/

probably best to over-spec it.

e.g. if you want to run at 16kph regularly get one that goes to 20/22 on the spec sheet as it will be able for 16kph on a sustained basis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

The one I have is this one

https://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/mor-nordic-track-t16-folding.php
    789 Euro

It being ex demo it will arrive fully assembled.

You would prob pay north of 1100 elsewhere. Delivery was free. Have it about 2 years.

The ones without the springs are like running on a conveyer belt.

I have a wall mounted 22" tv (that has a 3.5mm jack) with amazon firestick 4k (sideloaded a few apps) in it so its fine to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭jfh

rom wrote: »
    The one I have is this one

https://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/mor-nordic-track-t16-folding.php
    789 Euro

It being ex demo it will arrive fully assembled.

You would prob pay north of 1100 elsewhere. Delivery was free. Have it about 2 years.

The ones without the springs are like running on a conveyer belt.

I have a wall mounted 22" tv (that has a 3.5mm jack) with amazon firestick 4k (sideloaded a few apps) in it so its fine to use.

that looks like great value, going to go for it myself, 20 euro delivery at the moment but that not bad considering the size/weight of a treadmill.
    as it's ex demo just slightly concerned if you had any hassle with a warranty?

Advertisement