Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with tracking DHL Paket

Options
  • 02-09-2017 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello my name is Oliwier and my problem starts off on Geekbuying on Monday I bought a phone on their website specifically the xiaomi mi 5s plus. I bought the phone from their German warehouse to avoid customs. The next day the phone was shipped using DHL Paket everything was going fine until my tracking just stopped and the last message I got was that the shipment will be transported to the destination country, and from, handed over to the delivery organization An Post. I know its probably to early to panic but I just wanted to ask has this ever happened to anyone else and roughly how long will it take to arrive?
    Thank You Very Much for any help,
    Oliwier

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hello my name is Oliwier and my problem starts off on Geekbuying on Monday I bought a phone on their website specifically the xiaomi mi 5s plus. I bought the phone from their German warehouse to avoid customs. The next day the phone was shipped using DHL Paket everything was going fine until my tracking just stopped and the last message I got was that the shipment will be transported to the destination country, and from, handed over to the delivery organization An Post. I know its probably to early to panic but I just wanted to ask has this ever happened to anyone else and roughly how long will it take to arrive?
    Thank You Very Much for any help,
    Oliwier

It does take about 4 or 5 days to get to Ireland after it leaves Germany, I think it come by road, once it gets to Ireland you should be able to track it on the Anpost website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheMysticle

nava wrote: »
    It does take about 4 or 5 days to get to Ireland after it leaves Germany, I think it come by road, once it gets to Ireland you should be able to track it on the Anpost website.
    Thank you very much for your reply. This means that I will not get any more updates on the DHL Paket website will I? and also I track it on the An Post website using the DHL Paket tracking number right?
    Thank You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

So dispatched Tuesday in Germany using the dhl road service and you are getting worried just 3 days later?

Road service to / from Germany with most carriers is 4 working days assuming no delays.

At earliest, delivery would be next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thank you very much for your reply. This means that I will not get any more updates on the DHL Paket website will I? and also I track it on the An Post website using the DHL Paket tracking number right?
    Thank You

If it's DHL post service yes you can get further tracking on the Anpost website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Both German and Irish Site will be be updated regularly (with the DHL webpage usually having a days delay).

The official forecast for a DHL Paket International (non express) is 8 working days.

In my experience it takes about 6 days from the time it leaves Cologne (their international hub) until it reaches my front door. It usually is there next working day once it reaches AnPost main hub.

DHL Paket is super slow and most people think it's DHL (the express company) which will deliver it, but it's AnPost Courier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement