Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I trnsfer $2000 to my son in the USA when I don't have his bank details??

Options
  • 02-09-2017 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can I get an international bank draft and post it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi berniefos,

Welcome to boards, and thanks for your post.

You can purchase a draft in US Dollars, in your sons name.
    You don't need any account information for him. He will need to hold an account in his own name to lodge it.

Please note, that it can take 20 business days for a foreign currency draft to clear on his account, depending on the receivers bank.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Go to a post office. Transfer western union. It's instant too. Unsure if you can send 2k at once though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

If you're posting a draft make sure you send it by registered post. It's as good as cash and if it goes missing well, good luck getting your money back. 
    Another option.. paypal. He'll need a bank account but you won't need his bank details. 

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Ask him for his bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

laotg wrote: »
    Ask him for his bank details.
    That would indeed seem to be the obvious thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Did you receive an email purporting to be your son saying that he needs 2k? 

Or did you talk to him on the phone?

Advertisement