Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet/Intimate Restaurants with Live Music in Dublin

Options
  • 02-09-2017 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey there,

Do you have any suggestions for restaurants in which there are live bands, food and a generally quite environment where you can hear each-other without shouting?

Looking around city center (DUB 2/4/6/8).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This is probably better suited to the Dublin forum but live bands and quiet will be almost impossible to find......

• Registered Users Posts: 30,162 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Friday night supper club in Marco Pierre Whites Donnybrook maybe?
    Think they have piano ...

I cant see it being possible to talk over anything except a piano. Dont think Dublin does live bands at background volumes ala Fabulous Baker Boys...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Hey there,

Do you have any suggestions for restaurants in which there are live bands, food and a generally quite environment where you can hear each-other without shouting?

Looking around city center (DUB 2/4/6/8).

Thanks!

Heard Slattery's is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 not_a_sheep

Honestly I just want something cozy and intimate with some music but not loud enough to be unpleasant. Something classy but not uptight, with music in the very background.

Also, it would be nice not to be in 300 in the same space :). I am pretty new to Dublin and I didn't think I asked for something so exotic ahahaha. Just a nice place with (if possible) some light live music to have a date. If that's not available here then I'll go without the live music thing.

It also depends on how far are you from the band right? Like, if you are far enough they should remain pretty much on the background.

Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This is probably better suited to the Dublin forum

Mod Note: Indeed it is, so I have moved it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Kc peaches on nassau st do food and music in the evening. Not sure if the menu is extensive though.
    Dwarf jar cafe at capel st bridge have also started doing jazz on wed/thurs nights, its definitely cozy

These are boths 'cafes' though...not sure of any restaurants that would have live music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I'm a big fan of Suesey street (no affiliation. Just like it!) Really good food and light but not intrusive music. Live band but not ott. I brought my mam there recently and an old family friend, both of which wouldn't have best hearing and was great.

retalivity wrote: »
    Kc peaches on nassau st do food and music in the evening. Not sure if the menu is extensive though.
    Dwarf jar cafe at capel st bridge have also started doing jazz on wed/thurs nights, its definitely cozy

These are boths 'cafes' though...not sure of any restaurants that would have live music

I'm ok at this point even with non-live music as long as it's subtle. :rolleyes:

I checked out the restaurant on top of The Dean and it looks very nice. Unfortunately it's already booked for when I need it. Are there others like this? https://goo.gl/hA75i4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

The Millstone on Dame St. had a guitar player when I was there about a year ago. A woman with an acoustic guitar playing slow, jazzy stuff - really nice and not intrusive. Not sure if they still have that set up. Food was decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Does it have to be in the City Centre?

Anderson's Café has regular jazz/blues evenings, nice and intimate, and you can have a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I checked out the restaurant on top of The Dean and it looks very nice. Unfortunately it's already booked for when I need it. Are there others like this? https://goo.gl/hA75i4

It may not be what you are looking for - it has lovely views, but I don't remember this restaurant being quiet when I ate there. In fact, it was quite busy, and a lot of activity happening all around. It was a Friday evening though, and there were quite a lot of people there for after work drinks.

Does it have to be in the City Centre?

Anderson's Café has regular jazz/blues evenings, nice and intimate, and you can have a chat.

Nope, but I do prefer south than north :(.

I booked for now @ Millstone Restaurant ( http://millstonerestaurant.ie ) - I'll check it out during the day just to see how it is beforehand.

Advertisement