Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen swap for MBP

• 02-09-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

So I have 2 Mid 2012 MBP's. One is a standard resolution screen - 1440 x 900 - the other is the high resolution model (not Retina) - 1680x1050.

The machine with the high res screen is dead (well known GPU issue) but the screen is fine.

I've checked both machines and internally they're similar, more importantly the display connectors look identical and the hinges are the same. I was wondering if it would be possible to put the high res screen on the working machine. Any reason anyone can think of why it wouldn't work ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

MBP - Mac Book Pro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

s8n wrote: »
    MBP - Mac Book Pro ?

Yep !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

ZENER wrote: »
    Yep !

why not say that then ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its a Mac forum, most people would know what MBP stands for.

s8n wrote: »
    ZENER wrote: »
    Yep !

why not say that then ??

Post of the month candidate?

Anyway I think I might just try it and see. Aside from the screen resolution there were no other differences that I can see so I assume they simply installed the higher res screen onto the standard machine ?

Ken

• Advertisement

So that would be a NO then :(

The connector to the graphics port on the logic board is almost identical but not quite so the connector from the Hi-Res screen wouldn't fit.

Anyone looking for a Hi-Res screen for a MBP 2012 ?

Ken

Advertisement