Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW FOR THE JUNIOR CERT

Options
  • 02-09-2017 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

i have no clue what to study or how i need serios help in all subjects i cant remember anything and english wtf how do i study for that

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Listen properly in class.
    Don't sit with the dossers.
    Ask questions if you do not understand something.
    Always do your homework and do it to the highest standard you can.
    Do not miss days at school.
    Eat sensibly and get enough sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 !HELP!

but do you have any idea how to study plzz i need help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Mind maps with memorable pictures worked very well for me back in JC. Have a Google to see how to draw them, try to draw them from memory on scrap paper when you're done, the next day, a week later, a month later, and 3 months later. I can still remember some of them 14 years later having not done those subjects since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Worst thing you can do is stress OP,

I have always thought of the junior cert as a stepping stone to the leaving cert.

I would of been considered a dosser in school, and I got mostly honours in the junior cert without much study.
    Not saying you shouldn't study, its an important time in your life and one of your first big exams you will have to go through.

My point is, I am assuming your only starting 3rd year, try relax, don't stress.

I can't really offer much study advice as the whole thing has changed since I was in school, but I mostly wrote down notes for everything that I thought was important.

Lets say in history for example, you cover 1 chapter in class and you are given some homework on it, when you finish your homework.
    Read over the chapter and write down all important plot points or information that you think you will need to know.
    Then when it comes to the final 2-3 months all you need to do is read your notes you won't have to cover the entire chapter again to refresh your memory.

this method can be applied to almost every subject.

Also looks at past papers, you will often see some questions appear nearly every year, or questions that are almost identical.
    Also remember to focus on the bigger questions that will give you most marks.

For my leaving cert (like I said I can't remember my junior but same sort of example), in geography there was one section that gave me 20percent of the marks in total, and was only 1 question out of a possible 4 that could show up.
    I studied all 4 (basically 4 chapters in the book) and I reckon if I didnt do that I would of not got a B, and geography was one of my worst subjects.

I wish you all the best OP, but just don't stress as it definitly won't help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Are you actually for real OP?

• Advertisement

thanks im gona try now i think this is the one for me and another Q can i use this for irish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

!HELP! wrote:
    but do you have any idea how to study plzz i need help

If you do what I said you wont need to 'study' for the JC, you will know the material (and also have a good foundation for LC).

Do you already do everything I suggested?

yes but its hard to cut out bad foods sweets and all the other foods alike

Advertisement