Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bianchi 2017 fork recall

Options
  • 02-09-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Anyone buy a Bianchi this year? I got a message in February about this but after bringing my bike in to get its fork's serial number taken down (bike shop in San Francisco), never actually got a replacement fork, I think it maybe only affects caliper brakes.
    Dear Bianchi rider,

Bianchi’s internal test laboratory has recently detected a possible defect in the forks of a limited quantity of 2017 model year: Infinito CV, Infinito CV Dama Bianca, Intenso and Intenso Dama Bianca (non disc version) bikes and framesets. The failure could result in serious injury. For this reason, we are recalling and replacing forks from model year 2017.

It’s advised that you immediately stop using the bike and contact your Bianchi Dealer to arrange for a replacement.

Forks affected can be identified from the photos below. If you have a model that is not the same as appears in the photos below, then you can continue to use the bicycle without any problem. This affects only 2017 season calliper brake models.

Wholesalers, distributors and dealers have been asked to stop selling all bicycles that are affected and contact their customers of sold bicycles to inform them and schedule to replace their forks with new forks we will provide as soon as possible.

Due to the volume of these popular models, the end of August is the earliest we can hope to have all replacements. We realise this a lot to ask and hope that you can bear with us while we resolve the problem.

Safety and reliability are equal to the performance we design into every Bianchi bicycle and we apologize for your inconvenience. We are conducting continuous testing to ensure your safety and the intended performance of our products.

Bianchi Customer Service
    See photos on: facebook.com/BianchiUK (July 31)

Advertisement