Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor shopping <300 quid

Options
  • 02-09-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was gifted a voucher on amazon to get myself a new Monitor for my recent build. At the moment I'm running with a GTX 1070 off a very odd combination of a 22" 16:10 ratio screen ( Specs here) and an old HD ready Samsung TV.

I was planning pretty much to get 2 decent monitors at some stage but I want to get something sooner than later as new baby is on the way and want to get it bought before voucher is poached for baby things :D

I was looking at the following to replace both screens with one ultrawide.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-29UM68-Ultrawide-Monitor-2560x1080/dp/B01BFH194W

I'm not a very fast paced gamer in general, I may jump onto a FPS once in a while, but I'm not competitive really, I'm more into slower paced games, movies and building games in Unity and the like.

Any advice or suggestions based on this? Just want to make sure I'm not buying a lemon :)

Cheers,
    Red

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement