Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting subbing- how do I register?

• 02-09-2017 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I qualified this year as a primary school teacher and i'm going to do subbing for the year starting next week. How do I register or where do I register and what info do I need? I'm also going to be working in a shop over the weekend, how will this work? Someone I was talking to said the secretary in the school did it for them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Firstly have your registration done with the teaching council. Have you vetting done with them through digitary? Have you your statutory declaration completed? Register for your nqt workshops with your education centre.

If all this is done , register with textasub on education posts and register for the INTO sub search. After this it's up to you to make contact with the schools in your area, call out to schools with your cv you can get to in short notice , cv by email as a follow up if you don't hear anything. Also some education centres have a primary sub list. Check with yours.

Then have a folder of resources on your memory key for different age groups, have an outfit at the ready, and have some snacks packed in your bag for short notice subbing. Keep your phone on loud and in reach and be ready to answer or call back immediately (especially for textasub). Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

You don't need/or expect the secretaries to do it all for you. Call revenue and ask them to split your tax credits between department of education and your weekend job. Probably more credits for your department of education. Explain to them you will be casually working for the department. They are very helpful in revenue. The school will give you paper work to fill in, have your bank account details and pps number with you .

Advertisement