Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buy 3 things to make the cashier uncomfortable

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Alcohol, Cigarettes, and nappies. Then pretend not to have enough money, and leave the nappies behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Laxatives, paddling pool and snorkel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I see a problem in your post, how would you buy illegal fireworks from a cashier ?

stolen credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

Bleach, Toilet brush, Hacksaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

a plastic pigs mask, a whip and a can of oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Rope,shovel and condoms

That could be considered just picking up a few bits and bobs in certain locales. That charming couple that run the shop on Craggy Island are stuck in my mind now.
    Balls :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

I used to work in a shop years ago.....a fella I had shifted started work in a building site across the way. Every day at lunchtime...even if he had to buy penny sweets he would make his total come to 1.69 just to hear me say....'one sixty-nine please'. The bsatard......that was uncomfortable with all his buddies queueing behind sniggering.

I used to work in a shop years ago.....a fella I had shifted started work in a building site across the way. Every day at lunchtime...even if he had to buy penny sweets he would make his total come to 1.69 just to hear me say....'one sixty-nine please'. The bsatard......that was uncomfortable with all his buddies queueing behind sniggering.

"Reader, I married him."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That could be considered just picking up a few bits and bobs in certain locales. That charming couple that run the shop on Craggy Island are stuck in my mind now.
    Balls :(

Careful now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

'one sixty-nine please'
    I think you mean "One euro sixty-nine cents please". Unless, of course, ....

Lube, rubber bands and ask for a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A large cucumber
    Vaseline
    A sewing kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I bought a sympathy card and a copy of American Psycho in Eason's in Dublin a few years ago.... :D:D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Condoms, really?? Is this a time warp back to 1991?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

One beer.
    A flare gun.
    One condom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

JupiterKid wrote: »

What do you young scallywags use nowadays? Oh yeah I forgot you don't have sex as you don't have the ability to make conversation or physically interact with the opposite sex anymore unless it's on (un)social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

3 of your biggest bottles of Johnsons Baby Oil please

(I actually had to do this once, a place I worked used baby oil to clean a stainless steel work surface and they ran out. I got a very confused look from the lady cashier)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Definitely not. You still needed a prescription in '91.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Definitely not. You still needed a prescription in '91.

Not sure about that at all. I remember them being available in pub toilets around that time. And Virgin were openly selling them in their megastore in Dublin.

Irelands first sex shop opened in 1991.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What can you buy to make your cashier uncomfortable...

**** all, because the cashier doesn't give a **** about you or what your buying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Not sure about that at all. I remember them being available in pub toilets around that time. And Virgin were openly selling them in their megastore in Dublin.

Irelands first sex shop opened in 1991.

Correct. And before that, in the late 80s you could get them without a prescription from a pharmacy...you just had to ask at the counter.
    They were not on public display but legally sold on request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Winterlong wrote: »
    Correct. And before that, in the late 80s you could get them without a prescription from a pharmacy...you just had to ask at the counter.
    They were not on public display but legally sold on request.

Right so. I'll always remember first day in college in the UK in September of that year. One of my mates comes out of the toilet in college bar in shock. Condom vending machine in the jacks. Unimagined liberty to us. Didn't really think they were that available here at all before that.

A couple of years later there was the story about the guy who installed a vending machine in a pub somewhere in the whesth one Friday evening but forgot to stock it. He got back to it on Monday morning to find a couple of hundred quid in it but the pub owners hadn't one complaint about the machine not working.

Advertisement