Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser Check

Options
  • 03-09-2017 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

I'm frequently getting the following message when posting to or reading Boards:

"Checking your browser before accessing boards.ie.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Please allow up to 5 seconds…
    DDoS protection by Cloudflare"

Can anyone tell me what this is about? Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's part of counter-measures introduced following a DDOS attack a while ago. I presume you are accessing via a non-Irish server. I see the same when accessing from work (which is on a UK server)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Beasty wrote: »
    It's part of counter-measures introduced following a DDOS attack a while ago. I presume you are accessing via a non-Irish server. I see the same when accessing from work (which is on a UK server)

Many thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement