Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to prepare for a resource teaching position (post primary) interview

Options
  • 03-09-2017 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an interview coming up for a resource teaching position and am wondering how I should prepare for it.
    Is there any particular questions I should expect?
    I am a Maths teacher but have little resource teaching experience, plenty of mainstream experience. What sort of strategies would a resource teacher use when teaching resource Maths?
    Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Keep in constant contact with their main teacher ,
    Remember you're there to support the main teacher so you need to be careful about different approaches to topics..

Link in with the person who organises the learning support too (ask if there is one in the school). Find out the profile of the student(s
    )

Keep record of everything coverEd in the resource class as you go.

Have a look at DES Guidelines on post primary SEN 2007 ... just check the relevant chapters.

They might ask you about setting targets or IEP's. I'd be careful about this one. I think it is making a rod for your own back if students don't achieve the targets. But I wouldn't say that in an interview.

I think there's new legislation coming in about making data available to parents (although I thought it was already covered under FOI)... so every thing your write down (emails, notes, journals, files, applications) is open to inspection/criticism. Maybe just say you're mindful of being too prescriptive in documents and that children don't all develop the same way or avoiding to strict timeliness.

Understand the role of the SNA.

Member of any organisation ? ILSA have a conference coming up in a few weeks.

Advertisement