Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abusive caller rings our eir land line and hangs up when it's answered

Options
  • 03-09-2017 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hi

We get these calls on a fortnightly basis.  What process needs to be started to trace their origin?
    This should be framed in a legal context.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Hi

We get these calls on a fortnightly basis.  What process needs to be started to trace their origin?
    This should be framed in a legal context.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear that you're receiving abusive calls, I completely understand how distressing this must be. 

Unfortunately, we'd have no way of tracing this call to see who is ringing you. If you give our customer care team a ring on 1901 they will be able to change your number for you to ensure that you no longer receive these calls. I understand that this may not be an ideal option for you and if you don't wish to do this, I'd recommending contacting Gardaí about it.

Sorry I can't do more for you here.

- Adam

Advertisement