Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National school catchment and secondary feeders

Options
  • 03-09-2017 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

We are looking to move and are looking at the following areas.

Limelawn
    Charnwood
    Sorrell
    Aspen
    Castlefield
    Ravenswood

Anyone any idea of the national schools for these areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I'm pretty sure they're all scoil Choilm community national school. I'm in Charnwood and my daughter just started there. Seems like a good school. If you Google it the catchment area is there. It's multi denominational and doesn't have the Catholic church as a patron which we consider a major plus point.

Luttrellstown Community College is the secondary school and is on the same campus

St Mochtas is nearer but all estates to the right-hand side of clonsilla road are not in it's catchment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

brightkane wrote: »
    Hi folks.

We are looking to move and are looking at the following areas.

Limelawn
    Charnwood
    Sorrell
    Aspen
    Castlefield
    Ravenswood

Anyone any idea of the national schools for these areas?

As mentioned above, these estates are in the catchment area for the non-denominational Scoil Cholm, but also for St Philips Catholic school in Mountview.

However, I know that this year at least, some kids from Limelawn were accepted into St Mochta's Catholic NS (different catchment area but much nearer and, rightly or wrongly, a more "desirable" school).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 barca_123

There are a few kids in St. Mochtas uniforms living in Charnwood. I think its the luck of the draw if you get in as the estate isn't in the catchment area as was said above.

Advertisement