Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance on a 00 car

Options
  • 03-09-2017 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    Does it make any difference to how old a car is towards a qoute for insurance. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Absolutely. Most insurance companies won't quote a car older then 15 years, some arnt quoting older then 10 years regardless of NCT certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Thanks. Makes sense why I couldn't get woute online yesterday so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Thanks. Makes sense why I couldn't get woute online yesterday so.

Best bet is to phone around, try bank of ireland,
    shame because there are very good bargains now for perfectly good ncted olders cars because of insurance.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Best bet is to phone around, try bank of ireland,
    shame because there are very good bargains now for perfectly good ncted olders cars because of insurance.

Yea am going to phone around tomorrow and see. It's a pity but if it costs to much I might as Well sell and buy a newer car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

See the sticky thread "Insurance for >15 year old cars"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I decided to get a quote off 123 today for a 2006 1.1 litre engine car to replace my 2001 RAV4 1.8. It's the second car in the household and looking to reduce costs i.e road tax and insurance. I'm over 40 driving nearly 20 yrs no claims, fully comprehensive just under 1000 , this country is a f***in joke :-)

Meant to post earlier. I got a qoute off of chill.ie none would even insure me. Tried 123.ie and 3,000 lowest I could find was 2,700. I have been out of country for a while and 27. But Jesus it's some joke. I'm going to try a van and go commercial

Advertisement