Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm away on holidays from tomorrow until 13th October so won't be able to play any games until I'm back next weekend.

Wilberto - I can play our match tonight if you're free?

Koolhanger

Thanks for letting us know.

Yes it would be great if ye could get that match played as you'd only have 2 games to catch up on once you're back, along with the fixtures I'll be announcing on the day you're back too.

There's a few lads on holidays for the week, but with their fixtures played or 1 game to play, which is not a problem.

I am now issuing a warning to those who haven't played more than 1 game in the league. I will be private messaging users on Sunday night who have not played another 2 games by Sunday night with a last warning. With the announcement of tomorrow's fixtures, that will put us 6 games into the league and will leave some teams having to play between 4-5 games in the next week.

If I don't see any improvement by Friday week (Gameweek 4), I will have no choice but to disqualify players unless there is a valid reason for not fulfilling their fixtures. We have regular players playing their games on time and it is not fair for them to have to wait to play their games and in essence, put the spotlight on them for not completing their games in a gameweek.

If disqualifications occur, all teams will receive a walkover over that team and any previous results from them will be null and void and 3 points will be awarded to their opponent.

Sorry to be all serious and authoritative over this but if I had known this beforehand, I would have cut the groups down or amalgamated the league!

For the regulars, thanks for posting your results efficiently and playing your games on time. The feedback has been pretty good so hopefully it stays that way! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I got my games done by Monday, surely that deserves some award or gold star of some sort?

Cienciano wrote: »
    I got my games done by Monday, surely that deserves some award or gold star of some sort?

You can upgrade to a better team. So.......Huddersfield?

Colemania wrote: »
    You can upgrade to a better team. So.......Huddersfield?

I already have a 5 star team, not many better in the game!
    Actually, played a few games as Juventus and I don't seem to do as well as I do as United. Thank fúck for that random draw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm away on holidays from tomorrow until 13th October so won't be able to play any games until I'm back next weekend.

Wilberto - I can play our match tonight if you're free?

Koolhanger

I'm free tonight alright and anytime from Saturday really (maybe tomorrow depending on whether I go to the Ireland match or not (we're effectively out anyway so there's little point :rolleyes:)).

However, I kinda underestimated just how large the PES Update file was. Should be ready by half 9/10! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Wilberto wrote:
    I'm free tonight alright and anytime from Saturday really (maybe tomorrow depending on whether I go to the Ireland match or not (we're effectively out anyway so there's little point )).

Oh ye have little faith! Georgia did us a favour against Scotland to get us to the Euros, there's no reason to think they can't do the same against a bale-less Wales team. If they get a result we should be going to Cardiff with some confidence of getting a result. COYBIG!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Beastermc wrote: »
    Oh ye have little faith! Georgia did us a favour against Scotland to get us to the Euros, there's no reason to think they can't do the same against a bale-less Wales team. If they get a result we should be going to Cardiff with some confidence of getting a result. COYBIG!!!

At the risk of going slightly off topic, it's not our group that I'm thinking of, it's the overall picture and that we're only going to just end up as the worst runner up anyway! Can't see it going any other way.

I think you'll find that the boards pes league is slightly more important than Irelands qualifications

Cienciano wrote:
    I think you'll find that the boards pes league is slightly more important than Irelands qualifications

I'm drunk in Barcelona at the moment so my priorities are a bit scewed, well said Cienciano!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'll be on this weekend after 3pm to play both my games against Napoli (aidoeire) & Liverpool (Walter.White)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I'll be on this weekend after 3pm to play both my games against Napoli (aidoeire) & Liverpool (Walter.White)

I should be on later on tonight after the match. I'll throw ya a pm

I'll put up the fixtures when I get home from work. Don't think there'll be anyone playing until after the match anyway :D

I'm able to be on anytime up to the match, and then after it for the entire weekend to play my two remaining games against Nice (Ziggyman) and Everton (Das89). :)

I'll also be around for friendlies if anyone wants any shooting practice. :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'll be online tonight if City or Roma are around :) need to fix that dodgy goal difference I ran up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Walter.White are you playing Pro Evo and Fifa at the same time? How do you swap between the 2?

I can't play both at the same time and keep any decent level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Walter.White are you playing Pro Evo and Fifa at the same time? How do you swap between the 2?

I used to enjoy swapping between the two as I've always been someone who enjoys both games. But this year is the first year that I'm not enjoying playing FIFA its actually terrible. I played one or two games online and its a joke. Every shot goes in, defending is Impossible and your players feel stuck to the ground. I am honestly thinking of just sticking to pro this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'll be online tonight if City or Roma are around :) need to fix that dodgy goal difference I ran up :(

Sorry just saw this now, will be able to play most of tomorrow if you're around :)

Up until now I would have played both aswell and been pretty good at both, but FIFA would have been my main game in the last few years as I would have only got the Trial version of Pro My club when it became available. This is the first time in a good few years that I've got the full pro game and, as of yet, haven't got FIFA at all, and can't see myself doing so for quite some time, such is my love for this new pro! In the spirit of my adopted Catalonian brothers, Viva la revolution!!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Beastermc wrote: »
    Up until now I would have played both aswell and been pretty good at both, but FIFA would have been my main game in the last few years as I would have only got the Trial version of Pro My club when it became available. This is the first time in a good few years that I've got the full pro game and, as of yet, haven't got FIFA at all, and can't see myself doing so for quite some time, such is my love for this new pro! In the spirit of my adopted Catalonian brothers, Viva la revolution!!

I'm the same. I would have been mostly a Fifa player but was getting pro the last few years just out of loyalty to the old games. I felt last years pro had better gameplay but couldn't match fifa for me Because the online play wasn't up to scratch.
    But this year with the addition of co ops and the lag not being as much of an issue. I'm really enjoying pro much more. It seems each year pro is improving and fifa is going backwards. This years addition is just and expensive game of stuck in the mud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is it too late for me to join this? Or is there any others after starting?

Is it too late for me to join this? Or is there any others after starting?

Already started but will definitely be running another league after this. If you want, post up your PSN and there'll be lads on to give you a few games when you're online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cheers!

PSN : TheOriginalJipo

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Have been playing pro since it was iss soccer 😂 back then they didn't even have the correct player names no mind the team names all about that game gameplay you just can't beat it

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Have been playing pro since it was iss soccer �� back then they didn't even have the correct player names no mind the team names all about that game gameplay you just can't beat it

I think Pro Evo 4 was the one out when I was first introduced to the series.

Fell out with it over the dark days of the Xbox 360/PS3 generation. They were bad times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Think ive a few games to catch up on, roma, milan and psg maybe. Anyway im up for it tonight if any around. Just played athleti

Oh God, I just looked at the league table. I'm so shíte!! :eek:

I keep coming back for more though!! :pac: :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    Oh God, I just looked at the league table. I'm so shíte!! :eek:

I keep coming back for more though!! :pac: :pac:

What formation do you play? I used to play 4-4-2 and got hammered in every game online. Changed to 4-3-3 and doing far better.

Cienciano wrote:
    What formation do you play? I used to play 4-4-2 and got hammered in every game online. Changed to 4-3-3 and doing far better.

4-2-3-1.

I feel as if I play a more attacking formation things could get even worse! :pac:

Although, with Reus and Yarmolenko on the wings I'm basically playing 4-3-3 anyway so maybe I should just make it official.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    4-2-3-1.

I feel as if I play a more attacking formation things could get even worse! :pac:

Although, with Reus and Yarmolenko on the wings I'm basically playing 4-3-3 anyway so maybe I should just make it official.

You're only losing for one main reason, you're using full manual controls :D Crazy mo fo :pac:

Advertisement