Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Colemania wrote: »
    And he's a united fan.....

I take it all back! the guy is an a$$hole :p

Alright lads, seeing as this season is coming to a end, i was just thinking for next season if we could somehow do a 'Goal Of The Season'.

Not sure on how the logistics of it work with uploading goals, youtube or something maybe.
    Could make a thread with a poll or if theres a website out there that would help.

I'd be up for trying to set it up if people are interested.

So many good games with what sounds like some great goals happening this season, it'd be cool to see them in some format.

Just an idea and havent thought about it much but if it could be possible would ye be interested?

Edit: It'd be towards the end of next season where all players would upload 1 goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Alright lads, seeing as this season is coming to a end, i was just thinking for next season if we could somehow do a 'Goal Of The Season'.

Not sure on how the logistics of it work with uploading goals, youtube or something maybe.
    Could make a thread with a poll or if theres a website out there that would help.

I'd be up for trying to set it up if people are interested.

So many good games with what sounds like some great goals happening this season, it'd be cool to see them in some format.

Just an idea and havent thought about it much but if it could be possible would ye be interested?

Had thought it myself but forgot to mention it. If anyone scores a decent goal, definitely feel free to share it on the thread!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Had thought it myself but forgot to mention it. If anyone scores a decent goal, definitely feel free to share it on the thread!

Yeah, I should have saved Auba's half bicycle kick against Nice. It was beautiful!

That, or Castro's last minute free against Chelsea.

i-dont-score-59f506.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was thinking the same about saving goals. Haven't scored a good one yet though.
    Is everyone still involved in the league still playing or has anyone dropped out?

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I was thinking the same about saving goals. Haven't scored a good one yet though.
    Is everyone still involved in the league still playing or has anyone dropped out?

Haven't been informed of anyone leaving anyway. The majority seem fairly active

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tbh i'm reluctant to play my last two games until others catch up.

Group B is lagging behind! I should be on from 8pm tonight till late, so if anyone needs to play Manchester United, get online tonight!

Tbh i'm reluctant to play my last two games until others catch up.

With how close Group A is, can't blame you at all. Once everyone catches up, it could tell a completely different story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've only 2 games to go now anyway , throughly enjoyed the games although I won't be picking arsenal again just can't figure them out at all, and have come up against some savage pes players aswell

• Advertisement

I'll be ready to go again 2mrw. Have two matches already lined up, will play a more if the lads are on

In other news:

Wilberto gives a crackin review of his games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Going back to the subject of Goal of the Season awards, myself and AZ both felt that this cracking strike was too good not to share.

Granted, it may not actually be in a match using our league teams (it was a friendly between Huracan and Getafe!) but the technique this player uses in the finish is something unreal. Enjoy.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Going back to the subject of Goal of the Season awards, myself and AZ both felt that this cracking strike was too good not to share.

Granted, it may not actually be in a match using our league teams (it was a friendly between Huracan and Getafe!) but the technique this player uses in the finish is something unreal. Enjoy.

/closed competition is done

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I like the idea of Goal of the Season competition. It'd be a bit of craic, anyway. Also, has anyone considered streaming any of their matches live? I'd like to have watched some of the games this season, and I'm sure there will be a few cracking games for us to watch in the Champions Cup and the PES Shield.

Forgot to ask - has Das89 (Everton) left the league?

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Forgot to ask - has Das89 (Everton) left the league?

Have messaged him so not sure yet

Koolhanger wrote: »
    I like the idea of Goal of the Season competition. It'd be a bit of craic, anyway. Also, has anyone considered streaming any of their matches live? I'd like to have watched some of the games this season, and I'm sure there will be a few cracking games for us to watch in the Champions Cup and the PES Shield.

Now that you mention it, I was going to suggest that the finals for both the shield and the cup be streamed on twitch or YouTube but I completely understand that whoever is streaming it could experience a lot of lag. It would be pretty cool though!

Might be worth trying it in some friendlies over the next week or so and see if whoever streams it does experience any lag?

Now that you mention it, I was going to suggest that the finals for both the shield and the cup be streamed on twitch or YouTube but I completely understand that whoever is streaming it could experience a lot of lag. It would be pretty cool though!

I'd have no idea how it would be done, but id definatly watch it on twitch or something

Streaming divisions matches at the moment on twitch for anyone interested in seeing how it works. Hopefully it runs ok!

• Advertisement

I know when I let Wilberto win :pac: it looked like a shock, but Spurs (Colemania) 4-0 Monaco (Koolhanger)! Some result Colemania!

He had a perfectly legit goal disallowed for offside as well! Kane was on fire. I simply couldn't hit the target.

So lads, as we're coming to a close in the next 2 weeks, the Cup and Shield competitions are almost upon us.

The next decision to be made is whether to have the knockouts as 1 or 2 legged affairs? The original plan was to have just pure knockout so just 1 leg but I'd be ok with a champions league style format of 2 legs for quarter and semi finals and 1 leg in the final, if that's what people wanted.

I won't do a poll so just voice your opinion on the thread and I'll go with the consensus

Interesting, never even thought of 2 legs. How would we manage to finish a tie if it was a draw over the 2 legs?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Interesting, never even thought of 2 legs. How would we manage to finish a tie if it was a draw over the 2 legs?

Away goals, penalties, rock paper scissors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I don't mind how many games it is. I guess two legs stretches it out longer and is good, I assume that would mean just playing the two games one after the other? Count the away goals to break a tie. If all square, play a short golden goal third game (as I don't think you can play a penalties game) at the home of the better scoring player in the groups.

Still quite a few games to go. Some teams have eight, give and four games still to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

2 legs but scrap away goals. There is no advantage or disadvantage to be home or away so no need to really entice the away team to attack.

Count the score over 2 games. If they are level set up a game to get to a penalty shootout.

Would be great if Pes had a way to set up a tournament with online users that we could just let the game carry it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Well lads, Liverpool here I'll be around tomorrow night for my last matches. If ye can't play tomorrow I'll be around from Monday night onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm a bit behind in the matches & need to play the following.

PSG
    Napoli
    Man City
    Roma
    Inter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

PSG here.

I'm not sure about tonight as I've a bit of college work to get through this evening. Depending on what time I get finished I could be on. If not then I'll definitely be around Friday night.

Advertisement