Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Fine by Me, Don't think I'll be in a position to worry about it any way!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

AidoEire give us a shout when your on tonight (roma)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

PSG here Ive Athletico Madrid, Roma and Napoli to play. Should be around for most of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Liverpool here lads , won't be around until Monday to play my games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Guys, I (Inter) have to play Napoli, Liverpool and Atletico.

Free most of today so if you're online give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Lads im on now if ur about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fine by Me, Don't think I'll be in a position to worry about it any way!

I've still to play you, i should be online tonight and Sunday night at some point

Sounds good, will be available just shoot me psn message

Me (PSG) and napoli (Aidz-Eire) played just there and got mixed up so I ended up being the home team when it should have been Napoli.

If anyone has an objections we can play the game again if not I'll just post the result?

Me (PSG) and napoli (Aidz-Eire) played just there and got mixed up so I ended up being the home team when it should have been Napoli.

If anyone has an objections we can play the game again if not I'll just post the result?

Was my fault, i messaged you saying u were home when it was me.
    Tbh doesnt make a difference to me, ive no objections with the game so post the result if you want

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Was my fault, i messaged you saying u were home when it was me.
    Tbh doesnt make a difference to me, ive no objections with the game so post the result if you want

Yeah sound so. Doesn't make any difference just making sure.

I don't think it makes a difference, I reckon if both of you are happy, post the result. Home team gets to choose weather and time, that's the only advantage I can see

Yeah sound so. Doesn't make any difference just making sure.

Np man sorry about that, well played btw. Your second goal was a peach

Cienciano wrote: »
    I don't think it makes a difference, I reckon if both of you are happy, post the result. Home team gets to choose weather and time, that's the only advantage I can see

To be honest I've never changed the weather anyway :pac:

Are all game not meant to be 12min though?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Also the home team gets to choose the condition of the surface, i.e. length of the grass, and whether it's dry or wet (that sounded a bit rude :eek:) :pac:

To be honest I've never changed the weather anyway :pac:

Are all game not meant to be 12min though?

I never changed anything! Game should be 12 minutes, but its not something that the home team gets an option on, its compulsory

I never changed anything! Game should be 12 minutes, but its not something that the home team gets an option on, its compulsory

Ah I see you were talking about if its Night or Day during the match

I sometimes change to night games because you don't get a shadow across the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ok lads, I've put in walkovers for all of Evertons remaining games in the league. For the games he already played, I haven't changed the status to walkover yet in the slight chance he returns to the league.

Once confirmed that he won't be returning, I'll change the status to walkover.

That means there is just 3 games left in Group B. Nice has to play Spurs, Man United and Leipzig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Again so awesome of you to run the league and run it well , Only 1 game to go before the shield starts and have to say you did an amazing job fair play man :)

• Advertisement

Lads, I hear some people over the course of the league talking about bad connections. If it is evident early on that the connection is almost unplayable, pause the game and agree to replay the game at a different time.

Some lads have done this already and it's completely fine. I think I mentioned it in some vein in the league rules also.

Some crunch games in Group A coming up so bare this in mind for your games and for future leagues.

With regards the cup and shield structure, what I'm thinking of going with at the moment is 2 legged quarter and semi finals with a 3rd leg required it the teams are level on aggregate after 2 legs. This 3rd leg will have extra time and penalties activated and the match settings should be agreed by both players.

The final will also have extra time and penalties activated.

The only change I'd be open to making with regards the above would be if people want to reduce the playing time in the 3rd leg to speed things up but that will have to be agreed before the cups start.

Both legs should be played one after the other. It could be the intention to play 1 leg on a Saturday and the other later in the week but sometimes stuff comes up and people can't get online and therefore it could delay the progression of the league.

I only intend on having quarter finals in the first week of the cup, then semis and then final. This will give people ample time to get their matches done and draws it out a bit longer. I don't intend on starting the next league until the new year anyway, as mentioned previously, because I'm being selfish and will have to get internet set up in the apartment I'm moving to next month and I'm away after Christmas for a week :pac:

Any questions or opinions on the above, please feel free to voice them as always

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote:
    The only change I'd be open to making with regards the above would be if people want to reduce the playing time in the 3rd leg to speed things up but that will have to be agreed before the cups start.

This was also my suggestion earlier. In effect, the third leg becomes the extra time.

Wilberto wrote: »
    This was also my suggestion earlier. In effect, the third leg becomes the extra time.

Don't worry, I see all opinions on the thread and try to amalgamate them all for the better of the league.

This sounds very political but this is our league, not my league!

Wilberto wrote: »

Yeah, i think if its level after 2 legs the 3rd should be the shortest possible game length with no extra time, just straight to penos. The 3rd game is the extra time, so no need for extra time on top of that

Yeah, i think if its level after 2 legs the 3rd should be the shortest possible game length with no extra time, just straight to penos. The 3rd game is the extra time, so no need for extra time on top of that

Ya thats a good point actually. What's the shortest game length anyway? 5 minutes?

No idea, I assume its 5 minutes. Would be a good match length for extra time when we play 12 minute games. Gotta practice my penos, i miss more than I score

Colemania wrote: »
    Ok lads, I've put in walkovers for all of Evertons remaining games in the league. For the games he already played, I haven't changed the status to walkover yet in the slight chance he returns to the league.

Once confirmed that he won't be returning, I'll change the status to walkover.

That means there is just 3 games left in Group B. Nice has to play Spurs, Man United and Leipzig.

I'm online now if any of the 3 are free

I'm online now if any of the 3 are free

I'll be online there tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished up my league games with a cleen sweep on my last weekend very happy with that I definitely think I improved alot over the league 3 wins from my last 4 :) bring on the shield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I should be on early evening or late night tomorrow to finish my games out with one left against Atletico Madrid.

Advertisement