Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

United - Nice last game in group B, I should be able to play this tonight if United can be online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

United - Nice last game in group B, I should be able to play this tonight if United can be online!

Yeah, I should be online again tonight. Should be a bit earlier too, about 8:30. Difference between me winning and losing is usually if De Gea is on form or off, so hopefully he's on! It's a fairly meaningless game, 3 points of either of us doesn't change anything in the league, could be good to try out new tactics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah, I should be online again tonight. Should be a bit earlier too, about 8:30. Difference between me winning and losing is usually if De Gea is on form or off, so hopefully he's on! It's a fairly meaningless game, 3 points of either of us doesn't change anything in the league, could be good to try out new tactics!

You might drop to 4th if I beat you? is it on GD 1st?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

You might drop to 4th if I beat you? is it on GD 1st?

Ya the goal difference suddenly comes back into it now as I've given walkovers for all Everton results and United in particular had a 5 nil win against them.

Basically, if Nice beats United by any score line, Chelsea will get 3rd on either goals difference or goals scored

All out defend it is then :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Alright lads, ive 2 games to play then finished.
    Was on to Athletico and we've arranged thursday for ours so if Roma is good for then, we are sorted.
    Me having unsoicalble work hours is a pain but free all day thurs

Group B games finished. Well done lads!

How's this for a stat. My biggest loss was to Group winners Monaco 3-0. My biggest win? Against Group winners Monaco 4-0 :D

I don't know how anyone can keep a clean sheet against that monaco team, I only won cos they were 10 men for 80 minutes

Interesting to see how group a plays out. Liverpool vs Inter is a big game.

EDIT: Even bigger now psg lost

So, what an interesting night in Group A! What it means is that with Group B now concluded we have a total of 6 teams confirmed for the very first Boards PES League Cup! Some very interesting matchups already with Liverpool and Chelsea the pick of the bunch.

Screenshot_2017_11_07_23_22_03_1087597432.png

With the final positions of the bottom 4 in Group A still uncertain, I won't post the Shield competition chart just yet as it's just populated with the Group B teams.

Nice work Colemania. Good to see everyone with at least a loss or 2, no one is unbeatable. Although the tie of the round is clearly Man-u vs PSG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My final game is arranged for tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Nice work Colemania. Good to see everyone with at least a loss or 2, no one is unbeatable. Although the tie of the round is clearly Man-u vs PSG

One of the big clubs is definitely going out. Need to get a bit of practice in before hand.

One of the big clubs is definitely going out. Need to get a bit of practice in before hand.

Lucky for me every second game online is against PSG, plenty of practice against them. I think injure cavani is my gameplan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lucky for me every second game online is against PSG, plenty of practice against them. I think injure cavani is my gameplan.

:pac::pac::pac:

Yeah pretty much, No Cavani no party for PSG.

Yeah, he's unreal in it. My most important player is De Gea, so that tells you a bit about my style of play!
    If you want a few friendlies before the quarters during the week with different teams give us a shout. I reckon I need more flexible formations, I'll be trying a few out during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I don't know how anyone can keep a clean sheet against that monaco team

Falcao is pretty lethal in the game, to be fair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Any chance I can play my match against Chelsea in January.I think we all deserve a winter break .......

images_1.jpg

Ok lads, today is official D-Day for playing the remaining games. I know there's already some organised so shouldn't be a problem finishing them up. Just to avoid any confusion, I may have been a bit vague by saying everyone had until Friday to play the games, but obviously new games are announced on Fridays so I wasn't including Friday.

In any case, to cover for any confusion, I will allow games to be finished off tomorrow also but ideally I would like them finished by tonight so I can start drawing up the fixtures for the cup and shield tonight or tomorrow.

Best of luck to Man City, Roma, Atletico and Napoli in their remaining games!

Group b putting group a to shame. I (Manchester United) won't be around at the weekend, so IncognitoMan, we'll have to play Tuesday at the earliest. I will be keeping an eye on the results thread though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Everyone seems to have one top class centre forward. It's just a shame that my one was in red form for pretty much all of the league!

Not that it made made much of a difference anyway! :pac:

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have one top class centre forward. It's just a shame that my one was in red form for pretty much all of the league!

Not that it made made much of a difference anyway! :pac:

No, that's wrong.

I have 2 :pac:

When Lukaku is off form I have to slum it with Zlatan, my 91 rated reserve striker.

No, that's wrong.

I have 2 :pac:

When Lukaku is off form I have to slum it with Zlatan, my 91 rated reserve striker.

I have Harry Kane who has been deadly in the second half to the league

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote:
    No, that's wrong.

I forgot to put in "at least". :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'll be online tonight to finish my last remaining home games.

Atletico vs Napoli
    Atletico vs Man City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'll be online tonight to finish my last remaining home games.

Atletico vs Napoli
    Atletico vs Man City

Great stuff. I'll be home and ready to go at 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Thats it lads, league is finished. Fair play to all i've played, some great players in group A, some cracking goals scored along the way as well. Best of luck to all in the cup's (unless of course your against Napoli) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Fair play to colemania for setting up this league lads you always see fifa ones but who wants to play that when you have pro evo! Best of luck to everyone in the knockouts, throughly enjoyed it from start to finish

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Fair play to colemania for setting up this league lads you always see fifa ones but who wants to play that when you have pro evo! Best of luck to everyone in the knockouts, throughly enjoyed it from start to finish

And you go straight to the shield semi final courtesy of Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Got something good out of it at least , happy days roll on the shield !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Fair play to everyone. Great effort by all to get the games done and very well organised by Colemania. I really enjoyed it and all the games were played in a sporting manner.

Advertisement