Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Got something good out of it at least , happy days roll on the shield !

I had noticed that before kick off kenny, wasnt saying anything though. So ya know.... i did u favour in the last game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just so I don't get accused of bias, I'm working on previews for the games starting with the cup so I'll try post the cup previews tonight and shield previews tomorrow.

Best of luck to everyone and thanks for making it fairly effortless to run

Colemania wrote: »
    Just so I don't get accused of bias, I'm working on previews for the games starting with the cup so I'll try post the cup previews tonight and shield previews tomorrow.

Best of luck to everyone and thanks for making it fairly effortless to run

Dont think you could be called bias when you dont even put yourself in the top five when team selection happened. In Cole we trust

Boards PES League Season 1

So here we are at the knockout stages for the inaugural Boards PES League! Well done to all teams who participated. Now......it gets interesting!

Here is my preview of what hopes to be a very exciting end to Season 1 of the Boards PES League!

PES Champions Cup Quarter Final Stage

Quarter Final 1

Liverpool (Walter.White) vs. Chelsea (Beastermc)

The first quarter final is a mouthwatering fixture which promises goals, goals, goals! Liverpool boss Walter.White comes into the game as the league's top scorer and with an attacking trio of Mane, Salah and Firmino, he will be a danger to any team. But how will the "world class" defence of Mignolet, Lovren and Moreno keep out the beast that is Diego Costa, named after his beloved manager Beastermc.

The 2 managers come into this league with a controversial and shameful past with participation in the boards FIFA leagues over the past year or 2. What should be noted is that the 2 managers were regular top 3 finishers in this league, with the Liverpool boss winning said league on 2 occasions.

What is clear now is that these boys have been converted to the holy grail that is Pro Evolution Soccer and will be a force to be reckoned with!

Rumour has it that Walter.White has been constantly leaving voicemails at Mr Beastermc's home whispering, "I am the one who scores...."

Quarter Final 2

Tottenham Hotspurs (Colemania) vs. Manchester City (Exclamation Marc)

The next tie in the Champions Cup could prove to be a defensive battle of wits between the leagues top defence in Spurs, with 14 goals conceded in 14 games, in a free scoring PES inaugural league.

The ever so handsome Colemania will be depending on Harry Kane once again for the goals, albeit with the pace of a younger Mertesacker. Man City will be able to call on an attacking wealth of Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Bernardo Silva. The Spurs manager is fearful after hearing rumours that Man City plan to launch a surprise attack of Fabian Delph and Claudio Bravo.

On hearing the draw for the cup, Man City manager Marc exclaimed, "This will prove to be a tough test for my boys. The "stadium filling" City faithful are ever so demanding of success in the inaugural PES Champions Cup but they have to understand, I am just a ManufacturedHero"

Quarter Final 3

Paris St-Germain (IncognitoMan) vs. Manchester United (Cienciano)

This big fixture could also prove to be a tasty affair with the Cavani led PSG coming up against a United teams with the Great Wall of De Gea in goals.

The early pace setters in Group A, PSG, will prove to be massive attacking threat with the trio of Neymar, Cavani and Mbappe striking fear into any teams hearts.

Man United on the other hand have the fantastic David De Gea in goals with a very athletic back 4 which could prove to be a good match to the dangerous PSG attacking trio.

Cavani will be hoping to be the "Incognito Man" in this tie and ghost in behind the United rearguard to bag a few goals.

Quarter Final 4

AS Monaco (Koolhanger) vs. Inter Milan (harpstillidie)

The final fixture of the quarter final stage of the cup sees Group B topping AS Monaco up against the comeback kings of Inter Milan.

Monaco, who deservedly topped Group B, has proven to be a tough opponent under the guidance of manager Koolhanger and will be a tough test for the musical mastermind that is harpstillidie (one can only assume he has a fond interest in playing the harp and not the Donegal based football team).

United & Chelsea reject Falcao has flourished under Koolhanger's guidance and will be hoping Inter Milan don't suddenly resurrect Javier Zanetti, Lucio, Walter Samuel and Roberto Carlos from the proverbial graveyard of retirement.

Inter Milan boss will be hoping star striker Icardi escapes this tie with a gluttony of goals, and not a tattoo of Koolhanger's children (my apologies to Maxi Lopez for this emotional reference)

Boards PES League Season 1

So here we are at the knockout stages for the inaugural Boards PES League! Well done to all teams who participated. Now......it gets interesting!

Here is my preview of what hopes to be a very exciting end to Season 1 of the Boards PES League!

PES Champions Cup Quarter Final Stage

Quarter Final 1

Liverpool (Walter.White) vs. Chelsea (Beastermc)

The first quarter final is a mouthwatering fixture which promises goals, goals, goals! Liverpool boss Walter.White comes into the game as the league's top scorer and with an attacking trio of Mane, Salah and Firmino, he will be a danger to any team. But how will the "world class" defence of Mignolet, Lovren and Moreno keep out the beast that is Diego Costa, named after his beloved manager Beastermc.

The 2 managers come into this league with a controversial and shameful past with participation in the boards FIFA leagues over the past year or 2. What should be noted is that the 2 managers were regular top 3 finishers in this league, with the Liverpool boss winning said league on 2 occasions.

What is clear now is that these boys have been converted to the holy grail that is Pro Evolution Soccer and will be a force to be reckoned with!

Rumour has it that Walter.White has been constantly leaving voicemails at Mr Beastermc's home whispering, "I am the one who scores...."

Quarter Final 2

Tottenham Hotspurs (Colemania) vs. Manchester City (Exclamation Marc)

The next tie in the Champions Cup could prove to be a defensive battle of wits between the leagues top defence in Spurs, with 14 goals conceded in 14 games, in a free scoring PES inaugural league.

The ever so handsome Colemania will be depending on Harry Kane once again for the goals, albeit with the pace of a younger Mertesacker. Man City will be able to call on an attacking wealth of Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Bernardo Silva. The Spurs manager is fearful after hearing rumours that Man City plan to launch a surprise attack of Fabian Delph and Claudio Bravo.

On hearing the draw for the cup, Man City manager Marc exclaimed, "This will prove to be a tough test for my boys. The "stadium filling" City faithful are ever so demanding of success in the inaugural PES Champions Cup but they have to understand, I am just a ManufacturedHero"

Quarter Final 3

Paris St-Germain (IncognitoMan) vs. Manchester United (Cienciano)

This big fixture could also prove to be a tasty affair with the Cavani led PSG coming up against a United teams with the Great Wall of De Gea in goals.

The early pace setters in Group A, PSG, will prove to be massive attacking threat with the trio of Neymar, Cavani and Mbappe striking fear into any teams hearts.

Man United on the other hand have the fantastic David De Gea in goals with a very athletic back 4 which could prove to be a good match to the dangerous PSG attacking trio.

Cavani will be hoping to be the "Incognito Man" in this tie and ghost in behind the United rearguard to bag a few goals.

Quarter Final 4

AS Monaco (Koolhanger) vs. Inter Milan (harpstillidie)

The final fixture of the quarter final stage of the cup sees Group B topping AS Monaco up against the comeback kings of Inter Milan.

Monaco, who deservedly topped Group B, has proven to be a tough opponent under the guidance of manager Koolhanger and will be a tough test for the musical mastermind that is harpstillidie (one can only assume he has a fond interest in playing the harp and not the Donegal based football team).

United & Chelsea reject Falcao has flourished under Koolhanger's guidance and will be hoping Inter Milan don't suddenly resurrect Javier Zanetti, Lucio, Walter Samuel and Roberto Carlos from the proverbial graveyard of retirement.

Inter Milan boss will be hoping star striker Icardi escapes this tie with a gluttony of goals, and not a tattoo of Koolhanger's children (my apologies to Maxi Lopez for this emotional reference)

Best post of anything i seen in years! That's just class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

IMG_20171108_WA0003.jpg

Epic previews Colemania !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

IMG_20171108_WA0003.jpg

Epic previews Colemania !

Lucky for you, your pes skills are better than your ms paint skills :pac:

Edit: never thought that about harpstillidie. If that really was because he likes the musical instrument it would be the best username ever!

PES Shield Quarter Final Stage

Quarter Final 1

AS Roma (KennyG192) vs. Everton (Roma gets a bye due to disqualification of Everton)

As Roma manager KennyG192 (distant cousin of Ali-G) approached the Goodison Park gates, what stood in front of him was a scene of mass destruction. There was murals of Roma legend Francesco Totti on the walls, burnt out flares in the hallways and the Everton trophy cabinet had been raided, or at least that's what Mr Kenwright said.......

What was clear was that the Roma ultras had been here and had succeeded in warning the Everton team to pull out of the Shield competition for fears Wayne Rooney would lead Everton to victory and unleash Tony Hibbert on the Roma attack.

KennyG192 will now advance to the semi finals where he will be forced to play once again to an empty stadium.....

Quarter Final 2

Nice (TiltedBrain) vs. Arsenal (brianregan09)

The first real tie of the shield sees once abandoned Nice come up against FIFA veteran brianregan09. TiltedBrain, the successor to Zig and Zag, has had a mammoth catch up task in Group B and can be happy with his performances in the group.

Arsenal had a reasonably strong finish to Group A but will be looking for more out of Lazazette, who has been too mesmorised by Olivie Giroud's beard that he has failed to get going thus far.

The match promises to bring fireworks to the PES Shield, especially with Mario Balotelli in Nice's ranks!

Quarter Final 3

Napoli (AidoEirE) vs. Dortmund (Wilberto)

The next tie brings together 2 great attacking European teams in Napoli and Dortmund.

Napoli, under the guidance of AidoEire (the Irish name referencing back to his Gaeltacht roots where he once took a shoulder from a certain Xabi Alonso) have had a strong finish to the group, pipping Arsenal to 6th place in the inaugural league.

Dortmund manager Wilberto has frustrated the fans with his insistence on sticking with the manual controls but has preformed admirably all things considered. Wilberto will be hoping that Aubameyang will finally recapture his form of the 2016/17 season but things aren't looking good according to the gods that are Konami.

The Dortmund fans will be hoping chants of "who ate all the pies" to Napoli keeper Pepe Reina will distract him enough to allow Dortmund to bag a few goals.

Quarter Final 4

RB Leipzig (az1234) vs. Atletico Madrid (Luckycharms_74)

The final quarter final of the Shield sees the controversial Bundesliga team RB Leipzig come up against the equally controversial Atletico Madrid, who have been cursed in the media by a certain Liverpool manager due to their transfer embargo impeeding Diego Costa's departure from Chelsea FC.

The very creatively named Leipzig manager, az1234, has come into this league with great attacking flair with the likes of Werner and Poulsen showing their abundance of pace throughout the league. Most frightening when behind in the game due to the all out attack introduced by az1234, Atletico Madrid will need plenty of Lucky Charms if they are to keep a clean sheet against this side.

Atletico Madrid will be hoping to improve on their standing in Group A but have given plenty of the big teams a scare along the way. This should be quite the battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Hats off to your work and commitment to this league, Colemania!!

Not only have your organisational skills been top-notch, but you've also added a personal touch to the season with a little humour here and there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Cienciano wrote: »
    Lucky for you, your pes skills are better than your ms paint skills :pac:

Edit: never thought that about harpstillidie. If that really was because he likes the musical instrument it would be the best username ever!

Haha :D it's my love for the Donegal based football team unfortunately!

Looking forward to getting battered (I mean beating) Monaco in the 1/4 finals!

• Advertisement

Looking forward to playing you, harpstilidie!!

When can we start the quarter-final matches, Colemania?

Koolhanger wrote: »

I can't say the same!! :p

My defending in the last game was at about the same standard as Finn Harps' this season!

I'm heading out for a while tonight but no idea what time I'll be back at but if it's not too late we could maybe play?

I can't say the same!! :p

My defending in the last game was at about the same standard as Finn Harps' this season!

I'm heading out for a while tonight but no idea what time I'll be back at but if it's not too late we could maybe play?
    Koolhanger is shít, you'll be grand
    :pac:

It'll be interesting as we don't know what the standard of each group was like compared to the other group.

Yeah, I'll prob be on for a bit tonight. We'll get it played at some stage over the weekend, anyway, if not tonight.

It'll be interesting as we don't know what the standard of each group was like compared to the other group.

Yeah, I'll prob be on for a bit tonight. We'll get it played at some stage over the weekend, anyway, if not tonight.

I'll give you a shout on PSN if I'm back at a reasonable time!

The descriptions are top notch, how you came up with them cole i dont know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I’m looking forward to getting hammered by Leipzig :D

I’m looking forward to getting hammered by Leipzig :D

If az1234 picked anyone else he'd be first or second in the league imho

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭az1234

If az1234 picked anyone else he'd be first or second in the league imho
    If I could only learn how to score I'd be away with it!

Start today! The gameweek will remain as Friday to Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So if we were to 1/4's done could we move on to semi's or is that another game week ?

So if we were to 1/4's done could we move on to semi's or is that another game week ?

Different gameweek. I'll post a proper explanation tonight anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I more than likely won't have that problem anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

PES Shield Quarter Final Stage

Quarter Final 1

AS Roma (KennyG192) vs. Everton (Roma gets a bye due to disqualification of Everton)

As Roma manager KennyG192 (distant cousin of Ali-G) approached the Goodison Park gates, what stood in front of him was a scene of mass destruction. There was murals of Roma legend Francesco Totti on the walls, burnt out flares in the hallways and the Everton trophy cabinet had been raided, or at least that's what Mr Kenwright said.......

What was clear was that the Roma ultras had been here and had succeeded in warning the Everton team to pull out of the Shield competition for fears Wayne Rooney would lead Everton to victory and unleash Tony Hibbert on the Roma attack.

KennyG192 will now advance to the semi finals where he will be forced to play once again to an empty stadium.....

Quarter Final 2

Nice (TiltedBrain) vs. Arsenal (brianregan09)

The first real tie of the shield sees once abandoned Nice come up against FIFA veteran brianregan09. TiltedBrain, the successor to Zig and Zag, has had a mammoth catch up task in Group B and can be happy with his performances in the group.

Arsenal had a reasonably strong finish to Group A but will be looking for more out of Lazazette, who has been too mesmorised by Olivie Giroud's beard that he has failed to get going thus far.

The match promises to bring fireworks to the PES Shield, especially with Mario Balotelli in Nice's ranks!

Quarter Final 3

Napoli (AidoEirE) vs. Dortmund (Wilberto)

The next tie brings together 2 great attacking European teams in Napoli and Dortmund.

Napoli, under the guidance of AidoEire (the Irish name referencing back to his Gaeltacht roots where he once took a shoulder from a certain Xabi Alonso) have had a strong finish to the group, pipping Arsenal to 6th place in the inaugural league.

Dortmund manager Wilberto has frustrated the fans with his insistence on sticking with the manual controls but has preformed admirably all things considered. Wilberto will be hoping that Aubameyang will finally recapture his form of the 2016/17 season but things aren't looking good according to the gods that are Konami.

The Dortmund fans will be hoping chants of "who ate all the pies" to Napoli keeper Pepe Reina will distract him enough to allow Dortmund to bag a few goals.

Quarter Final 4

RB Leipzig (az1234) vs. Atletico Madrid (Luckycharms_74)

The final quarter final of the Shield sees the controversial Bundesliga team RB Leipzig come up against the equally controversial Atletico Madrid, who have been cursed in the media by a certain Liverpool manager due to their transfer embargo impeeding Diego Costa's departure from Chelsea FC.

The very creatively named Leipzig manager, az1234, has come into this league with great attacking flair with the likes of Werner and Poulsen showing their abundance of pace throughout the league. Most frightening when behind in the game due to the all out attack introduced by az1234, Atletico Madrid will need plenty of Lucky Charms if they are to keep a clean sheet against this side.

Atletico Madrid will be hoping to improve on their standing in Group A but have given plenty of the big teams a scare along the way. This should be quite the battle!

You are a legend!

With leipzig, timo werner is class, i have him in my myclub team.

I see that the first knock out game has been played, well done rb Leipzig

Even though 1 of the Shield quarter finals is already done, well done Leipzig, I'll post the general rules and fixture schedule for both cups.

The quarter finals will be played this week, i.e. To be completed by next Thursday.

I will then announce the semi finals next Friday which will again be scheduled to play during that week. In the final week, both finals will be played along with the Super Cup between winners of both the shield and cup.

Same match rules apply for all games. 12 minute games. Quarter finals and semi finals are 2 legs with the final being just one leg. If teams are level on aggregate after 2 legs, a 3rd leg will be played on the lowest match time possible with penalties activated in the even of another draw.

Gameplay patch out on Thursday lads so semi finals and finals should be a bit more fun!

Is everyone waiting for the update to play their fixtures?

• Advertisement

Is everyone waiting for the update to play their fixtures?

There's a few being played tonight I think

Advertisement