Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cool. I was away for the weekend, was expecting to see a load of games played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Playing mine wedneday, in the aviva tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Holy sheeeeet!!

Not looking forward to playing PSG in the semis!

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Holy sheeeeet!!

Dont even talk to me about that. After the ireland game too, what a night.

EDIT: Stop thanking the results thread, it makes it worse! Lets just pretend it never happened and move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Holy sheeeeet!!

Plenty beat me in the league. Man City got the better of me twice and from looking at results you haven't been doing too bad yourself :D

Expect it to be a very tight game over the 2 legs to be honest.

• Advertisement

Koolhanger, break cavanis legs and you're sorted! Funny, any time I play PSG Cavani and even Mbappe seem to do more than Neymar. Neymars stats are unreal but he always seems to be the easiest to get the ball off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »
    Koolhanger, break cavanis legs and you're sorted! Funny, any time I play PSG Cavani and even Mbappe seem to do more than Neymar. Neymars stats are unreal but he always seems to be the easiest to get the ball off.

Noticed that myself. Cavani is unbelievable, especially on form

Yeah Cavani has been by far and away my best player. I'd love to get him in myClub at some stage.

Could do some serious damage with him in with Maradona and Beckham.

Yeah Cavani has been by far and away my best player. I'd love to get him in myClub at some stage.

Could do some serious damage with him in with Maradona and Beckham.

Walter.White has him since the start. He's too good

Scored a few nice goals with Neymar at the same time when I was practicing with PSG for the league.

I'll see did I save any later when I'm home and upload them here.

• Advertisement

Plenty beat me in the league. Man City got the better of me twice and from looking at results you haven't been doing too bad yourself :D

Expect it to be a very tight game over the 2 legs to be honest.

Yep, I got on okay in the group but I struggled against United (and Spurs, of course :(), specifically. It'll be interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Colemania wrote: »
    Walter.White has him since the start. He's too good

Haha yeah I've got four black balls so far and they were Cavani, Higuain, Lewandowski and Callejon. Cavani is the best by a long way. Probably the best striker in the game, only aguero comes close

Here's a nice one scored by Neymar. Juts noticed it was against Napoli, was that in the league? Can the Napoli user remember?

Apologies for the poor camera work, the PES replay system is dog****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Go go group A :D

Yep, I got on okay in the group but I struggled against United (and Spurs, of course :(), specifically. It'll be interesting :)

In case anyone is wondering why: About 8 minutes in, lukaku breaks through the Monaco defence, cuts inside and running in on goal at a perfect angle for a placed shot into the far bottom corner, pulls the trigger...and gets taken out of it from behind by a Monaco defender! Straight red and peno which I scored. If you let me score you would have won because even with that gift it was fairly close. One of the funniest moments I've had in the league so far!

I'm already thinking about the next league. Any idea on how to do the seeding? I mean separating losing semi finalists and losing quarter finalists?

Haha purely accidental :P

I used to run local tournaments years ago on PES, back before all the online lark. It was just with mates but had much the same format we've been using i.e. two groups, top four in each group into quarter-finals of final knockout stages (we didn't have a PES Shield for the bottom half of the groups).

Then I started seeding it so basically if you were in top four of your group in one tournament you would be seeded for the next. So, you would draw out the 8 unseeded teams first, divide them into A and B, then draw out the 8 seeded teams, divide them into A and B. So you have 4 seeded and 4 unseeded in A, 4 seeded and 4 unseeded in B. It just means that there are no more than 4 seeded teams in any one group.

I don't know if people would like to go down that road, though? Colemania may have to do a poll on it.

I actually forgot about seeding actually people like that, I was only thinking of what order people pick their teams.

Can you start games where you decide players form beforehand? I know you used to, so all players are on neutral form? Might be an idea to throw that idea out too, if we're picking lesser teams you can easily have your 2 half decent players off form and it's a pain in the hole.

Haha purely accidental :P

I used to run local tournaments years ago on PES, back before all the online lark. It was just with mates but had much the same format we've been using i.e. two groups, top four in each group into quarter-finals of final knockout stages (we didn't have a PES Shield for the bottom half of the groups).

Then I started seeding it so basically if you were in top four of your group in one tournament you would be seeded for the next. So, you would draw out the 8 unseeded teams first, divide them into A and B, then draw out the 8 seeded teams, divide them into A and B. So you have 4 seeded and 4 unseeded in A, 4 seeded and 4 unseeded in B. It just means that there are no more than 4 seeded teams in any one group.

I don't know if people would like to go down that road, though? Colemania may have to do a poll on it.

Firstly, shame on you for discriminating against the bottom teams. They have feelings too! :pac:

I was thinking about the seedings for the next league alright and the way I'm going to do it will be a combination of 3 factors.
    • Firstly, the seedings will be dependant on final placings in the cup. Winner will get last pick, runner up gets 2nd last pick. Quarter and semi finalists will be next in the pecking order.
    • To decide these players fate, final group position will also come into account. So for arguments sake, Man City and Monaco don't progress to the final, Monaco will be 3rd last pick as he finished 1st in Group B and then City will be 4th last pick as he finished 3rd in Group A.
      Same goes for the quarter finalists.
    • Finally, in the likely scenario that 2 losing quarter or semi finalists finished in the same place in both groups, final points tally will be the next deciding criteria. So in this case, Inter and Chelsea both finished 4th and were knocked out in the quarter finals. As Chelsea finished on 26 points and Inter finished on 24 points, Inter would get to choose just before Chelsea.
    • The Shield will be a bit more controversial due to the walkovers given to all teams due to Everton bowing out but I'm going to apply the same reasoning as above.

Anyway, if it seems to complicated, don't worry about it as it all makes sense in my head :D

The next port of call will be deciding on what teams to use but we'll worry about that closer to the time. Between now and January, start looking at the 3.5-4 star teams and the decision will be between 4 star and under or 3.5 star and under teams. There's only about 10 4 star teams in the game while there's about 50 3.5 star if not more. I'd like it to be 3.5 star but majority will rule!

In response to Cienciano's question about team form, yes it does play a massive part (anyone who has played against Liverpool's in form attack or in form Cavani can vouch for this) but there's nothing we can do about it playing online. I know years ago in FIFA :rolleyes: you could play unranked matches which didn't incorporate live form but left it open to custom teams and players and all that so even if that was an option here, it could be complicated to inforce as some people mightn't have up to date teams and what not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Having real life form incorporated into the league just makes it all the more interesting! :pac: :)

And I say that as someone who's been playing with a red form Auba for the last several games! :eek:

Firstly, shame on you for discriminating against the bottom teams. They have feelings too! :pac:

I was thinking about the seedings for the next league alright and the way I'm going to do it will be a combination of 3 factors.
    • Firstly, the seedings will be dependant on final placings in the cup. Winner will get last pick, runner up gets 2nd last pick. Quarter and semi finalists will be next in the pecking order.
    • To decide these players fate, final group position will also come into account. So for arguments sake, Man City and Monaco don't progress to the final, Monaco will be 3rd last pick as he finished 1st in Group B and then City will be 4th last pick as he finished 3rd in Group A.
      Same goes for the quarter finalists.
    • Finally, in the likely scenario that 2 losing quarter or semi finalists finished in the same place in both groups, final points tally will be the next deciding criteria. So in this case, Inter and Chelsea both finished 4th and were knocked out in the quarter finals. As Chelsea finished on 26 points and Inter finished on 24 points, Inter would get to choose just before Chelsea.
    • The Shield will be a bit more controversial due to the walkovers given to all teams due to Everton bowing out but I'm going to apply the same reasoning as above.

Anyway, if it seems to complicated, don't worry about it as it all makes sense in my head :D

The next port of call will be deciding on what teams to use but we'll worry about that closer to the time. Between now and January, start looking at the 3.5-4 star teams and the decision will be between 4 star and under or 3.5 star and under teams. There's only about 10 4 star teams in the game while there's about 50 3.5 star if not more. I'd like it to be 3.5 star but majority will rule!

In response to Cienciano's question about team form, yes it does play a massive part (anyone who has played against Liverpool's in form attack or in form Cavani can vouch for this) but there's nothing we can do about it playing online. I know years ago in FIFA :rolleyes: you could play unranked matches which didn't incorporate live form but left it open to custom teams and players and all that so even if that was an option here, it could be complicated to inforce as some people mightn't have up to date teams and what not.

I think it would be great craic to play a 3.5 star team season. Especially since there are 50 or so to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Here's a nice one scored by Neymar. Juts noticed it was against Napoli, was that in the league? Can the Napoli user remember?

Apologies for the poor camera work, the PES replay system is dog****.

Why must you shame me like this :p Yeah was in the league alright. Pretty sure u thrashed me that game, great goal.

I think it would be great craic to play a 3.5 star team season. Especially since there are 50 or so to choose from.

Will be interesting to see what 3.5 teams people pick with so much choice. Might have to start using them to see what's available, with so few 4 star teams it looks like that won't be an option.

Just an update on the shield. I've been in contact with the Napoli manager and he hasn't been well so between myself, Dortmund and Napoli we have agreed that they can play their match this weekend or early next week.

Therefore I will not post my previews for the Shield until next week or whenever they're finished.

Will have Cup previews up at some stage though

Boards PES League Season 1

So, on to the semi finals! Group A are leading the way with 3 of the semi finalists coming from the group. Monaco will be Group Bs only hope of success from here on in!

Here are my previews for the semi finals. Apologies if they're not as good as last weeks. It's late and I'm out of ideas :pac:

PES Champions Cup Semi Final Stage

Semi Final 1

Liverpool (Walter.White) vs Manchester City (Exclamation Marc)

Staying through to his word, the Liverpool manager promised goals and keeping up his reputation as top scorer from the group stages, added another 9 goals to his tally in the quarter finals.

Manchester City disposed of Spurs with ease in their quarter final tie with the Spurs managers plan of injecting Harry Kane with Usain Bolt DNA failing as he struggled against a strong Manchester City defence.

This semi final will have no let up in the goals department with 14 goals scored between the 2 teams in the group stages on the 2 occasions they met.

In a plan to unsettle the opposition, Walter.White is said to have started a rumour on social media that Paul Dickov is to return to replace Aguero, which has the Argentinian goal scorer quaking in his boots. The news first broke in the Argentina vs Nigeria game this week with Aguero taken to hospital due to panic attacks.

To instill the confidence back into his players, Exclamation Marc has reminded his players that they are up against Dejan Lovren and Simon Mignolet.

Semi Final 2

Paris St-Germain (IncognitoMan) vs. Monaco (Koolhanger)

This semi final brings together the 2 French giants with PSG hoping to avenge the loss of their league title to current title holders Monaco.

In their quarter final vs Manchester United, PSG took a massive step into the semi final with their 7 nil win in the first leg, sending shock waves around Old Trafford. Cienciano is said to have left the handbrake off the bus on arrival.... The handbrake was well and truly on in return leg which ended in a stalemate.

Group B winners Monaco kept up their good form with their quarter final win over Inter Milan. Both legs were tight affairs by all accounts but ultimately it was Monaco boss Koolhanger who compounded misery on the Italians after a dismal week which saw the national team fail to qualify for the World Cup against Team Ikea.

IncognitoMan is said to have spoken to the owners about buying AS Monaco in order to strip them of their key players before the semi final before realising they already have with the signing of Kylian Mbappe.

Just an update on the shield. I've been in contact with the Napoli manager and he hasn't been well so between myself, Dortmund and Napoli we have agreed that they can play their match this weekend or early next week.

Therefore I will not post my previews for the Shield until next week or whenever they're finished.

Will have Cup previews up at some stage though
    I disagree with this. Both should be kicked out and me and Beastermc should be reinstated in their place :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

OR me and Roma should be made the final :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Myself (napoli) and wilberto (dortmund) just had the most intense 3 games think ive played in a while.
    All went down to the last game where the post was hit twice and on to penalties.

I'll let him throw up the match report but this post is to thank him for waiting for me to play the matches, spot on individual. Cheers cole as well for allowing to push it back and apologies to the lad waiting who had to play the winner. All much appreciated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Myself (napoli) and wilberto (dortmund) just had the most intense 3 games think ive played in a while.
    All went down to the last game where the post was hit twice and on to penalties.

I'll let him throw up the match report but this post is to thank him for waiting for me to play the matches, spot on individual. Cheers cole as well for allowing to push it back and apologies to the lad waiting who had to play the winner. All much appreciated

No bothers! Those games were well worth the wait! :) :pac:

AidoEirE wrote: »

No semi finals have actually been played yet so you're grand!

• Advertisement

I should be online tonight if PSG are free to play our semi-final?

Advertisement