Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Koolhanger wrote: »
    I should be online tonight if PSG are free to play our semi-final?

Yeah just send a message when you are ready

I'll let Koolhanger post the results but I just wanted to say I had great fun playing this league over the last few weeks. Thanks to Colemania for putting it together and I look forward to the next one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

It's been brilliantly run by Colemania and every game has been fun since the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Has been a great league so far with some great games.

I'll unfortunately be away from Saturday until late Tuesday so won't be able to play the final until then or Wednesday but we can find a time that suits us both.

Should be a good final :)

Looking forward to having one of the last two picks in the next league :pac:

Haha ****, yeah, I forgot about getting the last two picks next season!!

Yep, I'm away to Liverpool for the weekend, anyway. We can play it in the middle of next week.

Looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Congratulations to the lads that made the final and to the lads left in the shield. It's been a really fun league, thanks to Coleman for the organisation of the league top notch! Looking forward to next season and to playing everyone again.

All the games were enjoyable even the ones I lost ..., Fair play to Man city and best of the luck in the final. Really looking forward to playing everyone again with different teams, it was fun playing with Liverpool even though they are kamikaze at the back. I don't really mind whether it's four stars or 3.5 stars in any case it will be fun ! If anybody wants a game or co-op and sees me online just message me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think season 2 won't kick off till January, that's probably a good thing because order of pick has to be finalised and people will need longer to pick a 3.5 star team as it's not as obvious who to go for. I'm glad I purposely got knocked out early so I'd get a good seeding for season 2 :pac:

Man City and Monaco in the final will be very interesting. They both have a very similar style of play so it will be interesting to see who has that style down better.

Can't imagine there won't be a load of goals in it.

Would be an interesting game alright. Any way of watching it without slowing connections? There's a request to watch option which I never used. Could that be an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »
    Would be an interesting game alright. Any way of watching it without slowing connections? There's a request to watch option which I never used. Could that be an option?

Sure we can rent out the big screen at the local cinema and generate a crowd :D

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Sure we can rent out the big screen at the local cinema and generate a crowd :D

Don't joke, I'd go to watch if it was in Dublin.

Don't joke, I'd go to watch if it was in Dublin.

I'd say the majority of us live in and around Dublin so its not impossible.....

I know back home in Limerick you can rent out a cinema room for playing ps4 and what not and it doesn't cost much when you split it between everyone. We could do a tournament some night haha

I'd say the majority of us live in and around Dublin so its not impossible.....

I know back home in Limerick you can rent out a cinema room for playing ps4 and what not and it doesn't cost much when you split it between everyone. We could do a tournament some night haha

That would be cool. Only problem is, I can't blame lag

Is the final a single game or the same format as rest of knockouts?

I like the idea of an old school two leg final like the rest of the games as I think it's more fair and balanced as you could easily lose the final on random form.

Personally I think it makes the games a lot more tense as in the first leg, you really have to strategise whether to all out attack or play conservatively whether you're winning, losing or drawing.

Is the final a single game or the same format as rest of knockouts?

I like the idea of an old school two leg final like the rest of the games as I think it's more fair and balanced as you could easily lose the final on random form.

Personally I think it makes the games a lot more tense as in the first leg, you really have to strategise whether to all out attack or play conservatively whether you're winning, losing or drawing.

Because I already announced a while back that it would be a 1 legged final and nobody disputed it, I'll have to stick with it unfortunately. That's unless yourself and Koolhanger are in complete agreement over a 2 legged final. If not, out of fairness we'll stick with 1 leg

I like the idea of a 2 leg final as well. You want the best player to win and when you do it over more games the likelihood that the winner is the actual better player is much higher.

Anyone can lose a one off game.

But I'm not in the final so can't really say what ye should do.

Because I already announced a while back that it would be a 1 legged final and nobody disputed it, I'll have to stick with it unfortunately. That's unless yourself and Koolhanger are in complete agreement over a 2 legged final. If not, out of fairness we'll stick with 1 leg

Cool, that's fair. Well ill leave it to Koolhanger to decide. I'd prefer two legs but I'll happily play a one legged final with no complaints :)

Cool, that's fair. Well ill leave it to Koolhanger to decide. I'd prefer two legs but I'll happily play a one legged final with no complaints :)

Perfect. Yep, let's make it two legs :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've recorded my two goals from the quarter final first leg against Napoli. (Apologies for not saving anything in the second leg! :pac:)

As it turns out, the first goal was scored five minutes before half time. Not in the second half as previously reported! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

And the semi final against RB Leipzig

Andriy Yarmolenko on the 74th minute (I think) to put Dortmund 1-0 up.

Yussuf Poulsen draws his side level in the 88th minute.

Emile Forsberg wins it for Leipzig in extra time with this cracker.

(Apologies for the poor quality in the first few seconds.)

The stats in the second leg, while still in Leipzig's favour, were still pretty respectable from a Dortmund perspective.

The stats in the first leg, however, were as follows:

434472.jpg

:pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

Boards PES League Season 1

So, it's finals week!

Best of luck to Exclamation Marc and Koolhanger in the Champions Cup and az1234 and KennyG192 in the Shield.

Here are my previews for the Finals

PES Champions Cup Final

Manchester City (Exclamation Marc) vs AS Monaco (Koolhanger)

In the inaugural PES Champions Cup Final, we have Group B winners AS Monaco up against 3rd placed Manchester City from Group A.

In the semi final stage, AS Monaco ruthlessly disposed of PSG to see manager Koolhanger into the final of the first ever Champions Cup. Having gotten over the trauma of a 4 nil loss in the Group Stage to the mighty Tottenham Hotspur, Monacos first loss in the league may I add ;) , Koolhanger has regained himself and his team and steamrolled straight to the final where he will be representing Group B.

His opponents Manchester City have disposed of 2 Limerick men on the way to the final, which is representative of the county's ventures in most sporting events unfortunately! In the semi final stage, Manchester City entered the second leg trailing 2-1 in the tie but turned the tie on its head by winning the second leg 3-1 against a free scoring Liverpool team. Manager Exclamation Marc is said to have been delighted to get one over on the Liverpool manager having had nightmares leading up to the tie of Dejan Lovren scoring a hattrick to take Liverpool to the final.

This inaugural final will be a 2 legged affair (Ryan Giggs approves) after a bout of pressure from the Main Boards Association of PES Players Entity (MBAPPE for short)

PES Shield Final

AS Roma (KennyG192) vs RB Leipzig (az1234)

The first Shield Final sees AS Roma up against RB Leipzig. Both teams finished 5th in their respective groups and as such are the highest placed teams in the Shield.

In the semi final stage, AS Roma avenged their 2 defeats to Arsenal in the group stages with an emphatic 8-1 win on aggregate. It is said that the weeks break at the quarter final stage for Roma, where manager KennyG192 brought the team on a team bonding trip to Lourdes, was the key to overcoming Arsenal in the semi final. Edin Dzeko is said to have had his right foot and head blessed continuously for 3 days in preparation for the final.

Roma's opponents in the final, RB Leipzig, had a much less straight forward win against Dortmund in the semi final, with a 2-1 win after extra time sending them to the final. Leipzig manager az1234 has dedicated the win to the soon departing Naby Keita and has told him to win Leipzig the Shield not just for the club, but for himself as he won't be seeing silverware at Liverpool any time soon.

This tie will also be a 2 legged affair unless MBAPPE overrules.

Any way of streaming the matches or recording them to youtube? Would be interesting to watch. Koolhanger and az1234 need to do it for group B.

Just in anticipation of the next league in January, as it stands the order of picks will be as follows (assuming all players return for the next league) :

Pick | Username
    1. | Luckycharms_74
    2. | TiltedBrain
    3. | AidoEirE
    4. | Wilberto
    5. | brianregan09
    6. | Shield runner up
    7. | Shield winner
    8. | harpstilidie
    9. | Beastermc
    10. | Cienciano
    11. | Colemania
    12. | IncognitoMan
    13. | Walter.White
    14. | Cup runner up
    15. | Cup winner
    16. | Any newcomers in order of signing up

The above was decided by a combination of placing in the Shield and Cup followed by final placing in the group and in some cases when 2 teams finished in the same place in their respective groups, final points tally.

As shown above, any newcomers to the league will get the picks after the Cup winner in the order they sign up in. They're at a disadvantage for their first league but with it probably being 3.5 star teams, they'll have a good chance to show how good they are and determine their future standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If anybody pulls out I'll join man

callaway92 wrote: »
    If anybody pulls out I'll join man

Good man! We're at the final stages at the moment so it'll be over this week and I'll be starting a new league in January using 3.5 star teams. There's no limit to the amount of players that sign up to be honest so i'll add you to the list. I think we'll probably have a few more newcomers so it could be larger groups for the next league!

Just in anticipation of the next league in January, as it stands the order of picks will be as follows (assuming all players return for the next league) :

Pick | Username
    1. | Luckycharms_74
    2. | TiltedBrain
    3. | AidoEirE
    4. | Wilberto
    5. | brianregan09
    6. | Shield runner up
    7. | Shield winner
    8. | harpstilidie
    9. | Beastermc
    10. | Cienciano
    11. | Colemania
    12. | IncognitoMan
    13. | Walter.White
    14. | Cup runner up
    15. | Cup winner
    16. | Any newcomers in order of signing up

The above was decided by a combination of placing in the Shield and Cup followed by final placing in the group and in some cases when 2 teams finished in the same place in their respective groups, final points tally.

As shown above, any newcomers to the league will get the picks after the Cup winner in the order they sign up in. They're at a disadvantage for their first league but with it probably being 3.5 star teams, they'll have a good chance to show how good they are and determine their future standing.

10th pick, I'm screwed!
    I think there's smaller gaps between teams at this level. I mean the gap between PSG/Man-U down to Nice is fairly big. I think the 3.5 star teams will be more closely matched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are we going with 3.5 star teams? I must get looking!

10th pick, I'm screwed!
    I think there's smaller gaps between teams at this level. I mean the gap between PSG/Man-U down to Nice is fairly big. I think the 3.5 star teams will be more closely matched.

Yeah, with 3.5 star teams there isn't as much of an advantage being closer to the top of the initial list as there was last time.

Are we going with 3.5 star teams? I must get looking!
    I don't think it's finalised yet but there's not enough 4 star teams. I've no idea what the situation is with international teams, we could probably do something there. There's probably a few options we could go with, but my money is on 3.5 star clubs.
    Wilberto wrote: »
    Yeah, with 3.5 star teams there isn't as much of an advantage being closer to the top of the initial list as there was last time.
    Getting your excuses in early I see, I like it :pac:

• Advertisement

10th pick, I'm screwed!

Sure I was 10th pick last time and now I'm 11th ha.

And in answer to TiltedBrains question about 3.5 star teams, yes it looks like we'll be going with them. Other option is to include 4 star but there's only a handful of them. Off the top of my head, crystal Palace, Leipzig, Nice and the 3 big Portuguese teams.

Advertisement