Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭az1234

Colemania wrote: »
    Sure I was 10th pick last time and now I'm 11th ha.

And in answer to TiltedBrains question about 3.5 star teams, yes it looks like we'll be going with them. Other option is to include 4 star but there's only a handful of them. Off the top of my head, crystal Palace, Leipzig, Nice and the 3 big Portuguese teams.
    I've had enough of Leipzig for the time being anyway so am happy enough to leave them out! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote: »
    I don't think it's finalised yet but there's not enough 4 star teams. I've no idea what the situation is with international teams, we could probably do something there. There's probably a few options we could go with, but my money is on 3.5 star clubs.

Getting your excuses in early I see, I like it :pac:

3-1

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I actually enjoyed playing with Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wilberto wrote: »
    3-1

:P

I'm beginning to wish I didn't let you win that game :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So off the top of your heads who have we got in 3.5 star ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

The likes of Stoke, West Brom, Swansea, Bournemouth, Lyon, St Etienne, Ajax, PSV and there's probably another 40 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Congrats to Roma on their PES Shield victory.

Fair play to ye for recording it as well.

I'm free to play the PES Cup final tonight if Manchester City (Exclamation Marc) is free?

I'll probably try streaming it to YouTube like az1234 did with the Shield final. I've normally been lucky enough that it doesn't have any adverse effect on the connection so I'd be willing to give it a try if City were okay with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Koolhanger wrote: »

I'm free to play the PES Cup final tonight if Manchester City (Exclamation Marc) is free?

I'll probably try streaming it to YouTube like az1234 did with the Shield final. I've normally been lucky enough that it doesn't have any adverse effect on the connection so I'd be willing to give it a try if City were okay with it.

Yeah I should be good to play tonight. I've no idea of the effect it has on connection as have never tried it before so will leave it to you if you think it's OK :)

Cool. I'll stream it from my end but if there is any lag etc just stop and we can play without it :)

Played a few games with Walter.White on 3.5 star last night. It's definitely worth having a few games with different teams. But before you start a game online, take a look through some 3.5 star teams and have an idea who to go for, I had no idea and you don't get much time in team select before a game.

• Advertisement

Cool. I'll stream it from my end but if there is any lag etc just stop and we can play without it :)

Monaco on E form :eek:

Colemania wrote: »
    Monaco on E form :eek:

I know! Typical :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Congrats to Roma on the shield final victory, A goal deserving of winning any match !

Cienciano wrote: »
    Played a few games with Walter.White on 3.5 star last night. It's definitely worth having a few games with different teams. But before you start a game online, take a look through some 3.5 star teams and have an idea who to go for, I had no idea and you don't get much time in team select before a game.

Yeah we had some good games with really random teams ha! There's a lot to choose from and judging by the games they seem very evenly matched

I just recorded the games and threw them up on Youtube afterwards so I've no idea what the lag might be like if you tried to stream it!

Yeah we had some good games with really random teams ha! There's a lot to choose from and judging by the games they seem very evenly matched

I only choose Eibar because I just noticed there was 5 second left and they were the first 3.5 star team I saw! Definitely not the time to be browsing leagues.

I played a few friendlies today while streaming them live to YouTube without any lag or issue on my end so should be all good for the final :)

Monaco v Manchester City - PES Champion's Cup Final will be on around 9:40 tonight on my YouTube channel for anyone who fancies watching it.

I've never directed anyone to my page before so I'm looking now to see what link to post in here.

Monaco v Manchester City - PES Champion's Cup Final will be on around 9:40 tonight on my YouTube channel for anyone who fancies watching it.

I've never directed anyone to my page before so I'm looking now to see what link to post in here.
    Don't forget to include the typical Youtuber lines, "Remember to like the video and subscribe to my channel" and all that jazz! ;)

Just watched the shield games, first one was some game. 11m 8s into the second leg was a Roma backpass that almost flew in, would have been funny! 12m 10s for the winning goal, amazing goal! Fair play to az1234 for watching the replays! While watching I realised I need to learn some basic skills like sidestepping.

But if anyone wants to watch a great game of pes, watch the first 70 minutes of the first leg. Great quality game with some great passages of play

• Advertisement

Still unsure but if you look for "koolhanger" page on YouTube ye should find it.

https://youtu.be/NuwUNtSCs44

Good game. Unfortunate start for city, goal after about 4 minutes!

Congrats to Koolhanger and KennyG192 on winning the Champions Cup and Shield respectively. Commiserations to Exclamation Marc and az1234. Seems like you both put up a very good fight!

So, on to the Super Cup then!

AS Monaco will battle it out with AS Roma over 2 legs for bragging rights in the inaugural PES Super Cup.

Good luck to both!

Just to keep Koolhangers feet on the ground, a reminder of 2 results earlier in the competition:

Spurs (Colemania) 4 (FOUR!)-0 Monaco (Koolhanger)
    (Koolhanger) Monaco 2 - 4 Manchester United (Cienciano/Meath77)

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just watched the two finals there and two things I noticed:

1. Sané was taken off about 56 minutes too late in the second leg. The chances he missed?! :pac:
    2. Roma are considerably bigger than Leipzig. Physically. Leipzig looked like little midgets around them at times! Once the ball went to air at all Roma looked the favourite. Credit to AZ for making a serious go at it under those circumstances.

Congrats to the Winners though, and to the runners up as well for getting to the inaugral PES Shield and Cup Finals. I still can't believe I was literally two minutes away from the Shield final myself. Never liked Poulsen anyway. And he's Danish as well which makes it worse.

:pac: :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    Just watched the two finals there and two things I noticed:

1. Sané was taken off about 56 minutes too late in the second leg. The chances he missed?! :pac:
    2. Roma are considerably bigger than Leipzig. Physically. Leipzig looked like little midgets around them at times! Once the ball went to air at all Roma looked the favourite. Credit to AZ for making a serious go at it under those circumstances.

Congrats to the Winners though, and to the runners up as well for getting to the inaugral PES Shield and Cup Finals. I still can't believe I was literally two minutes away from the Shield final myself. Never liked Poulsen anyway. And he's Danish as well which makes it worse.

:pac: :pac:
    I want to watch the other final tonight as I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Poulsen is rubbish, he's only good for lumping long balls towards! Watch for Big Sam signing him for Everton in January! :pac:

I've done a little check there on all the 3 - 4 star teams and have come up with the following lists

4 Star Teams (26) | 3.5 Star Teams (44) | 3 Star Teams (28)
    West Ham | Bournmouth | Newcastle
    Leicester City | Brighton | Huddersfield
    Southampton | Watford | Derby County
    Crystal Palace | Burnley | Fulham
    Nice | Stoke | Norwich City
    Marseille | Swansea | Sheffield Wedneday
    Lazio | West Brom | Middlesbrough
    Torino | Aston Villa | Sunderland
    Real Sociadad | Saint Etienne | Wolves
    Athletic Club | Guingamp | Hull City
    Valencia | Nantes | Angers
    Porto | Bordeaux | Dijon
    Benfica | Montpellier | Metz
    Sporting | Lyon | Lille
    Schalke | Rennes | Caen
    Leipzig | Toulouse | Benevento
    Zenit | Chievo Verona | Hellas Verona
    Besiktas | Fiorentina | SPAL
    | Atalanta | AZ
    | Bologna | Getafe
    | Cagliari | Club Brugge
    | Genoa | KAA Gent
    | Sampdoria | Slavia Praha
    | Udinese | Copenhagen
    | Sassuolo | AEK Athens
    | Ajax | PAOK
    | Feyenoord | Basel
    | PSV | Dynamo Kyiv
    | Malaga |
    | Real Betis |
    | Las Palmas |
    | Espanyol |
    | Deportivo |
    | Celta Vigo |
    | Leganes |
    | Eibar |
    | Alaves |
    | Anderlecht |
    | Olympiakos |
    | Spartak Moskva |
    | CSKA Moskva |
    | Fenerbahce |
    | Galatasaray |
    | Shaktar Donetsk |

Brasil Four Star Teams
    Atletico Mineiro
    Flamengo
    Palmeiras
    Sao Paulo

Argentinian Four Star Teams :
    Boca Juniors
    Independiente
    Lanus
    River Plate

Didn't realise there was so many 4 star! Thanks for that.

So based off that, what do you all think about 3.5 star teams still? Do any of ye want to move it to 4 star?

Based off that the 4 star teams look fairly even and you'd still have the choice of some good 3.5 star teams. But I don't mind either 4 or 3.5 looks good ! I didn't realise there was so many 4 star teams thanks for the information wilberto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Yeah good man wilberto! That's sounds good to me too, looks like a fairly even spread of teams with no one really jumping out and even the worst 3.0 look handy enough! I'd be up for going with that selection anyway.

Advertisement