Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Lads I think I might as well just drop out the league, it's gonna be like 8 games waiting for me this Friday and Vodafone still aren't giving me a date for when I'll be back online. They last said they're waiting on Eir who need to get permits to dig up the road to replace the wires, so god only knows how long that'll take.

Sorry about that!

No problem at all. Couldn't have predicted that! I've offered the team to a guy who was interested a few pages back anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭az1234

Colemania wrote: »
    Slimani off on loan to Newcastle too....
    Mahrez to Man City too, what a disaster of a window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

No problem at all. Couldn't have predicted that! I've offered the team to a guy who was interested a few pages back anyway

Yeah, tis a balls tbf, I was looking forward to the league as well. Ah well, hopefully I'll have my broadband sorted I time for the next season :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

At least Southampton have a striker coming in anyway. I really want them to get Quincy Promes over the line though but sadly, it looks quite unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah, tis a balls tbf, I was looking forward to the league as well. Ah well, hopefully I'll have my broadband sorted I time for the next season :pac:

Unfortunate, my broadband was sorted by unplugging my chromecasts, yours looks a bit more serious!

• Advertisement

Can you imagine these transfers were happening during our last league? There would have been so many transfers between teams participating in the league with the likes of Sanchez, Mkhitaryan, Giroud, Aubameyang, Coutinho, Batshuayi, Van Dijk, Laporte and so on involved

Can you imagine these transfers were happening during our last league? There would have been so many transfers between teams participating in the league with the likes of Sanchez, Mkhitaryan, Giroud, Aubameyang, Coutinho, Batshuayi, Van Dijk, Laporte and so on involved

Costa too. Would have made things very interesting alright. Imagine being Athletico Madrid and playing Chelsea, you'd be delaying the game waiting for Konami to make the transfer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cienciano wrote: »
    Unfortunate, my broadband was sorted by unplugging my chromecasts, yours looks a bit more serious!

Yeah I've no connection at all coming into my house, Eir have to replace something like 50m's of damaged wire I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

How's yer transfer window been? Good, bad, meh?
    Ajax's has been ok, as long as Younes doesn't go at the last minute, but looks like he's staying The addition of Tagliafico (rated 79 and not a first team starter, but a useful sub option) has turned them in to a 4 star team from a 3 and a half star team. Happy enough.

How's yer transfer window been? Good, bad, meh?
    Ajax's has been ok, as long as Younes doesn't go at the last minute, but looks like he's staying The addition of Tagliafico (rated 79 and not a first team starter, but a useful sub option) has turned them in to a 4 star team from a 3 and a half star team. Happy enough.

Happy enough with Portos dealings too. Loaned out Layun to Sevilla, who I used now and again if my full backs were out of form, but they also got in Waris, another quick striker who I've used in myclub and really like. 75 rated but very useful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Most notable for me is Moyes bringing in Joao Mario from Inter (81) and sold Andre Ayew (80) to Swansea, he's a big loss for me as he's been solid throughout the campaign so far. Dissapointed but lets see what Mario brings as he looks decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lazio: Got in Martín Cáceres who is still handy enough.

Didn't lose anyone important and that's the main thing.

Luis Alberto (formerly of Liverpool) could do with an aul bump in stats. Currently around a 75 but he's been very good for Lazio and definitely deserves a higher rating. Failing that I'd have liked them to have got in a better attacking midfielder or a better defensive midfielder preferably one with an anchor man trait.

The squad is fairly well balanced for the most part though so can't complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Yeah, Luis Alberto has been really good in Serie A for the last two seasons or so. Improved when he left England, just like Iago Aspas.

It's only really this season I've started to notice him but yeah worlds away from what I remember him being like in England. Couldn't even believe it was the same player to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Saw Colemania's post in the general thread, I'm happy to take over Lyon and can play most evenings (though I'm away this weekend from Friday evening until Tuesday morning). Can squeeze a game or 2 in tonight if need be.

Gonna need a quick explanation on how the league works though! :)

Saw Colemania's post in the general thread, I'm happy to take over Lyon and can play most evenings (though I'm away this weekend from Friday evening until Tuesday morning). Can squeeze a game or 2 in tonight if need be.

Gonna need a quick explanation on how the league works though! :)

Grand job. Have a look at the results and fixtures thread anyway for a start and have a read of the rules.

I announce the next round of fixtures on Fridays whereby I announce 2 games to be played by each team between Friday and the following Friday.

Up to today, you have 8 games to catch up on but including tomorrows games, there'll be 10.

12 minute games and games organised through online friendlies lobby. Home team sets up game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Perfect, thanks.

Anybody who's owed a game against Lyon, please contact me. I'll add who I can on PSN now. Cheers.

Username: JaMarcusHustleIE

Lyon had 2 games played so I've now cleared those results out of fairness.

Could everyone who needs to play Lyon make contact over the next week to help him catch up?

To avoid any confusion, I've posted 2 sets of fixtures on the fixtures and results thread. First post is the fixtures for this week. Second post is unplayed fixtures from Gameweeks 1 to 4.

Also, just a reminder for the newcomers this season that there is no chat allowed on the fixtures thread. Any response to match reports goes in this thread

Can we only invite new players if they're shít, I'm sick of getting beaten :pac:
    Nice start from Lyon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I’m back now down to play

Torino
    Porto
    Lyon
    Leicester
    Marseille

Group A looking a bit mental at the moment! Looks like any of the top 8 could win the group!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Ajax will be online tomorrow day til about 5 if West Ham, Crystal Palace, Lazio or Sporting Lisbon are around.

Just putting the games I have to play here

Schalke (H)
    Nice (H)
    Sporting Lisbon (H)
    Ajax (H)

Next round of fixtures posted up again lads.

6 games in total to catch up on in Group A and 11 in Group B so make sure everyone checks the games they haven't played yet. Of the 11 games to be played in Group B, 7 are from last week's games so it's just the other 4 you'll have to go looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Sporting Lisbon, here. I'll be online tonight, lads. I've three games to play.

Ajax (A)

Southampton (A)

West Ham (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Torino here, should be on tonight after the Leinster game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

West Ham here, 5 of those 11 are mine including this weeks line up :o
    Southampton
    Sporting
    Ajax
    Nice
    Palace

I'll be free all Sat & Sun lads to get them played, i'll get on to ye then to organise when it suits

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Nice (A)
    West Ham (A) (GW 5)
    Sporting (H) (GW 6)
    Lazio (A) (GW 6)

Just keeping my fixtures in one place for future reference. :pac:

Didn't really manage to get online this week really for some reason.

• Advertisement

Has something happened with Federico Marchetti, the Lazio keeper? Was he sold/loaned or something? I can't find anything about it online and he's gone from my squad.

Disaster, as the other 3 keepers are so bad they could probably get a few games at Anfield.

Advertisement