Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Has something happened with Federico Marchetti, the Lazio keeper? Was he sold/loaned or something? I can't find anything about it online and he's gone from my squad.

Disaster, as the other 3 keepers are so bad they could probably get a few games at Anfield.

He's just injured at the moment but don't think he's gone anywhere. Dunno what's going on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Has something happened with Federico Marchetti, the Lazio keeper? Was he sold/loaned or something? I can't find anything about it online and he's gone from my squad.

He had a lot of injuries and "personal problems" last year, never reported for preseason training this year. Pretty sure he's training on his own away from the rest of the team as punishment. His contract is up this year, there was some talk Juve were after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Nice time for Pro evo to decide to take him out of the game. He was one of my better performers.

Having squeezed in 11 games in the space of a week, I'm taking a well-earned hiatus. Absolutely sick of playing with Lyon who have been rated E the whole time. It's not any fun.

I'll be back to catch up on the 20th-22nd February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Stoke on today lads for anyone that needs to play me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So, I got pasted 10 - 0 last night, is that biggest score there's been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So, I got pasted 10 - 0 last night, is that biggest score there's been?

Lol, i was beaten 7 nil in the last league. 10 isn't great, tbh, if I was 3 or 4 up I'd be taking it handy. Not that it's happening much lately

Cienciano wrote: »
    Lol, i was beaten 7 nil in the last league. 10 isn't great, tbh, if I was 3 or 4 up I'd be taking it handy. Not that it's happening much lately

I'd say he was taking it handy! Was like a chainsaw through butter.

I'd say he was taking it handy! Was like a chainsaw through butter.

I wasn't going easy at all.

Apart from the top scorer's place up for grabs in the league, Lazio are the kinda side that are very capable of letting in 2 or 3 in very quick succession so if I let up early on there's every chance the opposition get back into the game.

I have no decent keeper any more so my only option is to try score as many as possible and hope I don't let in too much.

Did I just see another 10?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote: »
    Did I just see another 10?

A perfect 10.

:pac:

A lads I give up

How do I check what form Nice are on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

A lads I give up

How do I check what form Nice are on?

You were definitely on E when you played me anyway.

If you go to play an exhibition match and select the teams, it's that letter from A to E that designates the form. A being the highest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The dreaded E cost me 2 games aswell last night such a balls :( it's a pity we can't play the league games on some sort of neutral setting

The dreaded E cost me 2 games aswell last night such a balls :( it's a pity we can't play the league games on some sort of neutral setting

You use to be able to set all players form to neutral. Was far better

It won't save me from a lose but it might be better than 10

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Schalke are in the same form E and most of players were in brutal form last night. I just discovered...

Press R3 to turn off current form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

whavin wrote: »
    Schalke are in the same form E and most of players were in brutal form last night. I just discovered...

Press R3 to turn off current form

Actually cant remember when West Ham werent an E
    Not to matter, we'll all keep at it

An to be fair sporting just beat me 4-0 and they were E

Having squeezed in 11 games in the space of a week, I'm taking a well-earned hiatus. Absolutely sick of playing with Lyon who have been rated E the whole time. It's not any fun.

I'll be back to catch up on the 20th-22nd February.

I'm dropping out of the league. Thanks for everyone I played the last week. Lyon are up for grabs for newcomers.

• Advertisement

I'm dropping out of the league. Thanks for everyone I played the last week. Lyon are up for grabs for newcomers.

Why are you dropping out? You just joined and you've only 7 games left

Im on the verge of the teather myself with this form ****e. I know its not peoples fault but playin week in week out on E is dishearting throwing away games. Not all of them ofx as ive deserved to loose a few but its ****e enough.

Salty as ****

Why lyon is out when he's top tho...

I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here but I was thinking about the next league or cup we do and I think it could be fun to do a world cup.

32 teams but each user gets 2 teams (because I think we only have around 16 players) on either side of the bracket, should those teams meet in the knockout rounds, the user can decide which team they want to continue on with and the other will be eliminated.

Here's where it gets interesting though if you get first pick for the first team you get last pick for your 2nd team. So you could have Germany but also Saudi Arabia. People around the middle won't have Brazil or Spain or anything but they will have 2 teams closer in quality than others.

Award points for winning group games, getting a team out of a group, winning a knockout game etc. so that its worth trying your best with both sides.

something like:

group game win: 100 points
    win group 300 points
    runner up 200 points

win knockout game 250 points
    win 3rd place play off 350 points
    win world cup 500 points

(Might have to work on the points a bit to try and keep it as competitive as possible)

Player with the highest points at the end of the world cup is the winner. So its important to do well with both your teams to pick up points.

It might help combat some people getting sick of playing with the same crap teams all the time. Now you can play with 2 crap teams :pac:

It might be a bit of a headache to organize but I think it could be a bit of craic.

Or have I gone too far :eek:

I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here but I was thinking about the next league or cup we do and I think it could be fun to do a world cup.

32 teams but each user gets 2 teams (because I think we only have around 16 players) on either side of the bracket, should those teams meet in the knockout rounds, the user can decide which team they want to continue on with and the other will be eliminated.

Here's where it gets interesting though if you get first pick for the first team you get last pick for your 2nd team. So you could have Germany but also Saudi Arabia. People around the middle won't have Brazil or Spain or anything but they will have 2 teams closer in quality than others.

Award points for winning group games, getting a team out of a group, winning a knockout game etc. so that its worth trying your best with both sides.

something like:

group game win: 100 points
    win group 300 points
    runner up 200 points

win knockout game 250 points
    win 3rd place play off 350 points
    win world cup 500 points

(Might have to work on the points a bit to try and keep it as competitive as possible)

Player with the highest points at the end of the world cup is the winner. So its important to do well with both your teams to pick up points.

It might help combat some people getting sick of playing with the same crap teams all the time. Now you can play with 2 crap teams :pac:

It might be a bit of a headache to organize but I think it could be a bit of craic.

Or have I gone too far :eek:

That sounds unreal tbf, a lot of thought clearly into it as well.

My above post where im giving out about form was no indication of the players i played against. I deserved to be beat, just frustrating when my team is playing **** because of form where otherwise i could have given them a better game

Just the way the game is on form, as me tiones wouls be cool to turn that off altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The form thing doesn't make a difference imo. I played about 6 games with D and E with Stoke and have done fine - And that's with Stoke having a garbage team in the game.

callaway92 wrote: »
    The form thing doesn't make a difference imo. I played about 6 games with D and E with Stoke and have done fine - And that's with Stoke having a garbage team in the game.

Fair enough, it does make a differnece though if your team is E and ur vs above. Like i said, i deserved to be beat the games i lost if your going that way, point was if it was even kilter with team form and idividual yellow form arrowed you'd have better games, option is not available though

Ffs, i take one night off and everyone is quitting. Relax, losing a league game is annoying, but fúck it, it's 2 games a week. It's not exactly a huge amount of time you're saving by quitting. Unless its some personal issue, or broadband issue where playing is impossible. I had both over the season at some point, so I know how annoying that can be. But it's hardly worth quitting cos of form or results. Likely you're online most nights and play about 20 games a week, 2 league games won't hurt. I'm bottom of the poxy league, can't even blame form but was just plain unlucky in a few of them. When it keeps happening it gets really annoying. But fúck it, you'll eventually change your luck or at least get seeded first for season 3 and you'll be sorted. Anyway, I'm shítfaced, but chin up and keep playing.

Finally, I've all games played to date! :) :pac:

Also, that World Cup idea looks like it could be really interesting. I was thinking alright that the next tournie could be an international one, purely just for a change. The whole two teams though sounds like it could be epic.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the whole points system really as I'd say people would be trying to do as best they can with their teams anyway, but maybe that's just being too idealistic on my part.

Team picks to be based on the final results season as well? He who finishes last goes first?

The points system was only to try and stop people who get Germany and Saudi Arabia say from just giving up on Saudi and focusing on Germany only.

Also it means the likely overall winner would be the player who can best balance their 2 sides and not the guys who get Germany / Brazil / Spain / France / etc. Although pick up a few decent points maybe by getting your 2nd team through the group and the guys with the big teams would also be in a great position. But they would have to still do something with that smaller team.

• Advertisement

I thought the whole form thing would be an issue alright with these 4 star rated teams but it's the risk you take to be honest. Yes it's very annoying to be constantly off form but half the time the team you play against is in bad form too.

As for the lyon job, it's come to a stage where I wouldn't want anyone replacing them with only 3 rounds of games to go so if the Lyon manager doesn't return, I'll just have to give everyone walkovers

Advertisement