Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ffs, i take one night off and everyone is quitting. Relax, losing a league game is annoying, but fúck it, it's 2 games a week. It's not exactly a huge amount of time you're saving by quitting. Unless its some personal issue, or broadband issue where playing is impossible. I had both over the season at some point, so I know how annoying that can be. But it's hardly worth quitting cos of form or results. Likely you're online most nights and play about 20 games a week, 2 league games won't hurt. I'm bottom of the poxy league, can't even blame form but was just plain unlucky in a few of them. When it keeps happening it gets really annoying. But fúck it, you'll eventually change your luck or at least get seeded first for season 3 and you'll be sorted. Anyway, I'm shítfaced, but chin up and keep playing.

Your dead right, apologies all!
    brilliant league, great people and even better players. Was just one of those frustating nights for me. It is what it is

Palace
    Ajax
    Nice

I'll be on 2mrw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think we should have a league with the same star ratings (4* and below) but allow people to pick who they want each game.

Keeps it fresh as I'm finding it very frustrating being the same team for the entire league too. I don't get many evenings to get gaming time so having to be torino each time I get a chance to get online at all is a pain in the backside.

In saying that, I'll of course finish out the league :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think we should have a league with the same star ratings (4* and below) but allow people to pick who they want each game.

Keeps it fresh as I'm finding it very frustrating being the same team for the entire league too. I don't get many evenings to get gaming time so having to be torino each time I get a chance to get online at all is a pain in the backside.

Everyone would prob end up picking the same team once the best is found.

I enjoy being Stoke for the tournament.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Everyone would prob end up picking the same team once the best is found.

I enjoy being Stoke for the tournament.

OK well that can easily be solved by saying you can pick a team 3/4 times only.

I know its a complaint of those with crapper teams but if you have a team with one decent player, it can be very disheartening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Decent idea. Can understand alright the pain of playing with a team you don't particularly like for a whole league and more so, having an off form team for most of your games isn't fair.

We'll definitely brainstorm some ideas ahead of the next league and keep it fresh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I think most of the teams seem evenly matched , I know when your team is out of form it can be a pain but I think its more about luck sometimes.

A lot of the scorelines don't reflect what happens in the matches. I've had a few big wins where it could have been easily much different and the same with a few losses. The games have been very competitive and enjoyable.
    I find with the form, even if your team is on form, a few of the key players might be off form and you might get lucky if your team is off form your best players might be on form.

Unfortunately we can't turn off form so we all just have to deal with it. I've enjoyed playing the games win lose or draw. Lots of great players in the league so I wouldn't be getting too fussed about losing to anyone.

I'm aware the top scorers haven't been updated since early last week, I was away for most of the weekend so will try get on to it tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for all the 10 nil winners for making more work for me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To be honest I was never intending quitting at all , Bilbao are on poorish form for most of the league but I've still punched above my weight with them mostly , I've all my games played and intend to finish out aswell,

I was just having a little whinge because my gameplan is focused on defence and on E my defenders don't turn up lol , or my keeper but ya I don't care its only a game at the end of the day , a game I enjoy the hell out of

A world cup sounds class aswell actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Colemania wrote: »
    I'm aware the top scorers haven't been updated since early last week, I was away for most of the weekend so will try get on to it tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for all the 10 nil winners for making more work for me :P

Sorry, just not good enough

:pac:

So are we voiding all results from Lyon?

I'm on 9 games so have a few to run in but might be fairer on the guys on 11 to know where they stand in the table. Wouldn't be fair if I or others ended up with 4 or 5 games in hand on the top placed teams and suddenly get a bump of 3 (as I think I lost).

• Advertisement

Agreed! My champion striker 'Own Goal' deserves his moment in the sun as joint third goalscorer for Torino :D

and I'm the only one that actually beat him lol

and I'm the only one that actually beat him lol

Bonus goals for brianregan09!

So are we voiding all results from Lyon?

I'm on 9 games so have a few to run in but might be fairer on the guys on 11 to know where they stand in the table. Wouldn't be fair if I or others ended up with 4 or 5 games in hand on the top placed teams and suddenly get a bump of 3 (as I think I lost).

I was trying to give him a chance to come back but he didn't reply as to why he left the league here, I can't message him on boards or PSN as his profile doesn't allow it and he deleted us all on PSN also. Such a strange thing to do after playing 11 games in a week.

I will void all the results now and give everyone 3 points that's due to play him up to this gameweek. If I void all future games too, it will make it confusing as people will think they have all their games played. I'll void them as they occur if that's ok with everyone

And now I have to remove all the goals scored for and against Lyon as well!!! Ya this isn't happening tonight :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Southampton (9 Goals) :

Shane Long X 4
    Guido Carrillo X 2
    Manolo Gabbiadini X 1
    Mario Lemina X1
    Charlie Austin X 1

Maya Yoshida X -1 :eek: :pac: :pac:

Looking back at my results, I'm looking forward to eventually playing Stoke again. That 5-0 first half blitz still haunts me and I desperately want to try and avenge it!! :pac: :pac:

Note to self: Don't go straight into league games after having not played a game since Friday! Usually get a warm up game in but falling behind a small bit so just wanted to get it played!

Can't afford a loss in either Group at this stage!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote:
    I will void all the results now and give everyone 3 points that's due to play him up to this gameweek. If I void all future games too, it will make it confusing as people will think they have all their games played. I'll void them as they occur if that's ok with everyone

Can I take over Lyon as well?!

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Keeper out of position, nice finish from distance

Coming into crunch week now with just 3 Gameweeks remaining! Both divisions looking extremely tight in the Champions Cup positions.

Could everyone try their best to catch up on any games they're behind on so as to give a proper reflection on the table.

Also, just a reminder for the Champions Cup and Shield playoffs. 4th place in Group A will play 5th place in Group B and vice versa. The winners will then play the 1st placed teams from both groups, which will be predetermined before hand. These games will be on the same week as the quarter finals so in essence, the winner will have to play 4 games that week but usually both legs are played one after the other so it's really just 2 sittings of games.

Best of luck to everyone once again anyway!

Towards the end of the Cups, we'll start brainstorming for the next league and change it up a bit

• Advertisement

24oucv.jpg

Back down to 'E' again! :pac: :pac: The upcoming match against Stoke could be worse than the 10-0 of Nice, let alone the 5-0 of ourselves earlier in the season! Ah well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wilberto wrote: »
    24oucv.jpg

Back down to 'E' again! :pac: :pac: The upcoming match against Stoke could be worse than the 10-0 of Nice, let alone the 5-0 of ourselves earlier in the season! Ah well!!

What form are Stoke do you know? Won’t be home till this eve. Technically they should be an E anyway.

Might play you tonight if you’re on!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Who manages Ajax in Group B? Does he be online much?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Who manages Ajax in Group B? Does he be online much?

I'm Ajax. I'm usually online quite a lot, mainly during the day time, as I work nights. Haven't been online much the last 2 weeks because I've been working extra shifts, covering a colleague's holidays. Sorry I haven't been around much lately!
    Will be around every day time from Sunday, and all evening next Tuesday and Wednesday next week, would like to clear my backlog of fixtures if those times suit any of yiz!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Perfect, Bozo :)

Yep, I'm pretty free all evenings so just drop a message in the group chat on PSN when you're on and I'll get it on my phone. I'll play you some evening during the week. :)

What form are Stoke do you know? Won’t be home till this eve. Technically they should be an E anyway.

They're on B form again somehow! Getting very lucky with their form considering their results :D

Colemania wrote: »
    They're on B form again somehow! Getting very lucky with their form considering their results biggrin.png

I call shenanigans! Callaway's clearly hacked into the PES server to change the form to B (because changing it to A would be too obvious.)

:pac: :pac:

Yeah, probably should be. If not, I'll surely be on over the weekend. And if I'm not I'm probably just avoiding playing with the Saints on 'E' form. :eek:

Tbh, with the way I play, I'm not sure it makes much of a difference anyway! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

I'm Ajax. I'm usually online quite a lot, mainly during the day time, as I work nights. Haven't been online much the last 2 weeks because I've been working extra shifts, covering a colleague's holidays. Sorry I haven't been around much lately!
    Will be around every day time from Sunday, and all evening next Tuesday and Wednesday next week, would like to clear my backlog of fixtures if those times suit any of yiz!

Sound bud. Give me a day and time I'll line one up Schalke here

Will be online to play Marseille tonight I presume I just get the 3 points for Lyon in the other game

• Advertisement

Will be online to play Marseille tonight I presume I just get the 3 points for Lyon in the other game

I've already given the walkovers for the Lyon games for this week.

Would everyone in Group A prefer if I just do all the walkovers for the rest of the league now or just give the walkovers in the weeks they occur so people know how many games they've left to play in a certain gameweek?

Advertisement